Pirate 4x4 banner

Ford ranger Dana 60 sas

24K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Ranger03 
#1 · (Edited)
So i have a question, and yes I searched you fucks.

I'm currently putting a dana 60 under the front of my 2003 ranger. There is no room for the tierod up front. I am moving the axle forward 3" and so the draglink will fuck with the tierod if I put them both in-front of the axle.

Now here is my question. If I get the "helicopterstyle" high steer arms from partsmike.com, will the tie rod clear the pinion? or will it be to low and not clear?

Thank you

This is what im working with, just a $80 junkyard dana 60..

See less See more
#2 ·
I am going to guess not. My buddy runs the PM "behind the axle" highsteel arms on his LP D60 and the tie rod doesn't have tons of extra room.

Can you run the drag link to the pass side high steer arm and then to the tie-rod flipped over the knuckle at the stock location? Not as much clearance as full high-steer, but might be the simplest option.

#4 ·
I dont understand what your problem is, you have to put a steering box on the truck anywise, just put it in the right positoin...

#20 ·
well i guess i should update this, since it has been over 2 years and im getting close to being done.

deeets:

Dana 60 Front
14 bolt rear with 5.38s.
39.5 irok radials
17x9 steelies and other shit

goodies that still need to be put to use. but i need to remove the bodylift first, just need to get some stock bolts before i can remove it.

took the bed off to add rear shocks.

still need to get front gears and driveshaft. and longer bolts for the shocks and some thing to hold the brake lines. Also need to get new ubolts. I hate the way the ones now are pointed down.

rear dshaft hooked up

rear disk

and just some random pics from the last couple years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.