Pirate 4x4 banner

74 Bronco Hub problems

927 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  HELL FIRE 
#1 ·
I cannot for the life of me get this damn locking hub internal (Warn Premium) out of my hub on my bronco. I have removed all the rings and it will not budge.

Any ideas? Im about to just cut the hub in half as I wont be using it in my disc brake conversion.

I work for a 4wd shop and dont consider myself an idiot because I have done it before and my DR side came out easy. This PA side is giving me hell.

#3 ·
I had one that refused to come out. Took a piece of flat stock, marked and drilled two holes that would line up with the holes in the hub where the lock out bolts on. Drilled a center hole and with a piece of all thread and a few nuts I had a slide hammer and out it popped.

Good luck

#4 ·
Sometimes the drive body of the locking hub seizes itself to the rust and grease combo in the hub drive splines. Think of it like a naturally occurring JB Weld. I used a slide hammer and gratuitous amounts of heating to finally break my old hubs free in my D44.

#7 ·
I work for a 4wd shop and dont consider myself an idiot because I have done it before and my DR side came out easy. This PA side is giving me hell.
I did have the outter retaining rin in the hub. It had been so long since I worked on it last I assumed that I had taken it it out. And even spun it the other day and never found the edge.

But even with that out it was a 2 hour fight getting it out. It was full of mud which had turned the grease to rocks pretty much. Just kept spraying PB in it and letting it sit then yank a little and spray more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.