Pirate 4x4 banner

460 Efi Power steering saginaw pump

10K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Ibuildembig 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I tried searching but everyones answer has been vague... I have a 1990 F350 with a 460 efi. I need to upgrade my power steering pump but need to know what everyone is using. Is this the pump everyone is using for their saginaw pumps for a serpentine drive set up?
Cardone - Power Steering Pump
Part Number: 20-6244

All and any info will be greatly appreciated

#5 ·
the special pump is some times REALLY hard to find. insted of getting it. get the bracket from a van with a 460 (did they have those?). the vans used a regular sag pump. that way you can run a standard pump that you can find anywhere. just remember that your truck pully wont fit on the van pump.

o i tried the "special" 206244 pump. i got tired of them lasting for a few months and then deing.i got one that was bad as soon as i put it on. another lasted two days before it sheared the pump shaft. the last one would randomly stop pumping. and you'd have manual steering for a wile.

#6 ·
Yeah, I've been meaning to do this on my '96 F350. Been looking for a van bracket. Funny, Ford knew something - specifically that the C2 pump sucks. If they went to the effort of engineering a Sag bracket for vans I've never understood why they didn't use it in the trucks.

Team TFI :rolleyes:

#8 ·
The yards around me are notoriously expensive but even they sold me a Sag pump and bracket (small block) from an E-series for $65, including both hoses. Sure it's more time to swap the bracket but you're not locked into a specialty pump at that point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.