Pirate 4x4 banner

My Build (Rita)

88K views 391 replies 87 participants last post by  Idaho4x4Bronco 
#1 ·
I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics of my build, it's not done yet but really close. I started with a 92 F250 long box auto, 460ci.

With a dana 60 swap in the front from the P.O.S. TTB that came with the truck. 4 link with panhard bar and 16" travel fox coilovers. still have to finish my steering and put in some bump stops and limit straps.

Here is the rear a 10.25 with 4 link and 5.5 tj coils

Here are just some random shots of the grill and tube fenders, It's not the best build but it's all I can do. I have no idea how it will perform but I'm getting really excited to try it out.

See less See more
#12 ·
Looks good.

Do you plan on running the joints threaded out that much (looking at the front in the 2nd picture)? I can see those causing a problem especially for such a heavy rig....

#14 ·
Those joints have been changed (at least there location) There farther back on the frame now, just need to update pics. as far as being threaded out to far I think it will be fine. it's only out 1 inch for adjustability and there inch and a quarter dia. 7 inch long studs, there is more than enough threaded inside the tube. (I hope)

#15 ·
Good call, Absolutly, threre is a 8'' sleeve everywhere there is a but weld. It's difficult to install full hoops in a enclosed cab (at least for me I'm not that good) so there are joints. But those joints have special attention. I didnt do any rosettes but there was a quarter inch gap that got burned in heavily with the sleeve inside.

#16 ·
Here is the latest and greatest, My 5 point harnesses and switch panel. the gauge on top is tranny temp.

These pics of the front have changed from the first post, the outside links have been lengthend and moved back. they were a little to short.

#25 ·
correct me if im wrong. but this looks like a 4linked front end with the uppers triangulated a very little bit, plus a track bar. isnt that going to bind? or are the uppers not triangulated enough to make a difference?

have you cycled the front end at all to see?

Here is the latest and greatest, My 5 point harnesses and switch panel. the gauge on top is tranny temp.

These pics of the front have changed from the first post, the outside links have been lengthend and moved back. they were a little to short.

MG]

#17 ·
so having built the cage around the factory dash, would you do it that way again? next winter's project for me is a cage and i'm really thinking about ditching the factory dash. it just seams like taking it out avoids a lot of pain in the ass bends and weak points. thoughts?

#18 ·
Ditching the dash sure would make it easier, I was trying to keep the look more complete. But the cool thing is at any time I could go in and cut it all out dash and all and do it again, which may happen. Projects like this are never done. never hurts to try.

#23 ·
Got a chance to work on the pig over the weekend, so here are some pics of my labor. starting with the braket I had to make for my steering pump.

Here it is installed with the rest of the system, still need to install hoses but other then that its all done.

Intake all done, pretty much the only thing left upfront is making a hood.

Starting the back half, mounted storage for all those nesessary unmentionables. still working on the cooler mount and the rest of the structure.

#28 ·
Believe or not it was origonally a 3 link, and it may go back to be. I set it up this way cause im the type of person that enjoys being different. I like to experiment a little. if it turns out that it don't work worth a damn ill change it. no harm no foul.

#32 ·
Updates! The rear tube work is all done. It's getting close, just a few little things left and I'll be able to take her out and see what happens. :D

Here it is before paint.

...and here it is after paint, as soon as it dries i'll mount all the gear and lights. The last pic is kinda crapy, I'have know idea what happened, Ohh'well. :shaking:

#33 ·
Not wanting to dog on your build, but after stating you put time into intergrating the factory dash/cage together so it would not look thrown together overnight(great job), the rear looks like you got in a hurry and just threw some tube on. Ditch the factory tank and hack the frame at the cab, then tube the whole thing out truggy style. From the cab forwrd the tube work looks pretty tight, then you get to the rear and it looks like *ss.

Brian

#34 ·
I also stated I enjoy being different, yes I could have ditched the frame and went "truggy" or I could have left the bed sides on it, I considered both but what fun is having a build that looks alot like the next guy. Oh well, ya can't please them all. Bottom line is your build is only limited to your imagination and if it works the way you want it when its done, I say good job!

#35 · (Edited)
Yeah the links infront are a little nuts but if it works then why bother. What exactly are you building this thing to do though? Love the build though especially the rear tube work. Bed sides would be good though to keep shit from flying off the tires all over your stuff.

#36 ·
I wanted to make this build be capable of anything, whatever I point it at just hit the gas with no worries. By the time this truck is ready for the junk yard it will prolly go through multiple changes and combinations, this is just stage one. Everything you see now will be changed within 6 months to a year. The next big change on the books is a set of rocks with rear steer!

#48 ·
Yea there 44's, spring rates are 250 on top and 350 on bottom. It's still a little to much, I think I will be going to a 325 or even a 300 on bottom. I'm hopeing that once the springs settle it will be ok. Time will tell. I gotta get the damn thing out of the garage first!!:rolleyes:

#49 ·
Updates!! Well I finally got it out of the garage, It came out under its own power, thats always a good thing. I still have a fwe things to tidy up but its almost done. Fathers day weekend is looking promising to go out and see everything I did wrong. It looks wimpy with stock size tires but i can't put my44's on till monday when my wheel spacers get here, plus I wouldnt of been able to get it out of the garage.

Here it it all loaded up ready to get some exuast work done tomorrow. My nieghbers had not seen it and they freaked when they saw my loading it!!!

Here is the next task, my 203/205 doners for my doubler. I can't wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.