Pirate 4x4 banner

Fab Shop Help

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  K5runner@hotmail.com 
#1 ·
Hello everyone new to this site. It is really great. Some friends told me to check it out. Any way Im building a super stock diesel pullin truck. Its a 2000 F250 With a dana 60 front. What I am looking for is a shop to build me a triangulated 4 link for the front. I live in northern IL about an hour south of Rockford. Anyone know of any shops near me that could do this? I can drive some if I have to. Any help would be great! Thanks

#3 ·
the stock front end would be a dana 50 in 2000, start with an 02-up to get a 60, it will need to be trussed to do a double tri. 4 link, as axle c/l falls just an inch or so from the cast chunk, which, means you will have to lift the truck for link clearance which may not be desirable in your app.. i have some good pics in my thread for some ideas.. good luck

#6 ·
Dana 60

Thanks for the reply. Very nice work you are doing. I know that would have been a Dana 50 but I swapped in a 60 for the rigors of truck pullin. After seeing your pics, you are right about the clearance....so that wont work for me. Maybe I just do a basic 4 link set up. Still better than leaf springs! Thank you again

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
Not really into sled pulling but, would a stock 60 hold up? wouldn't you need all kinds of money thrown at the axle, ctm's, 40 splines, etc.. What about the unit bearings? We just replaced the second (factory Ford) set on out work dually 00' F-350 it has 160k. and all stock. I would imagine that there is a LOT more stress on the front end in a sled pulling truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.