Credit where credit is due. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Send a message via Yahoo to Proeliator
Credit where credit is due.

This doesn't fit well in any one category, but since its running in a Ford engine here we go.

Now, I am the last person to be taken by any sort of snake oil. I haven't used a non stream product in my motors in I don't even know how many years. For motors that needed high octane I'd either just add acetone or use aviation fuel.

Enter ACES IV (here is just one of many links) http://www.hitechfuel.com/products/aces_IV.asp

This is the direct link to the actual company and the guy I talked to/bought it from. They also sell custom blend oils which I think I'll give a try: http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/931760.htm

I was turned onto this by guys racing cars and boats. The claims seemed preposterous but after researching the hell out of it I couldn't find a single bit of data to the contrary. Ultimately its not that expensive so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm running it on a 12.4:1 static, 11:1 dynamic bbf stroker.

What I found, is that even with my compression ratio I can't get the motor to detonate even with some well advanced timing; mixing it with the advertised one ounce per six gallons (premium). I've tried it up to eighteen degrees of initial and forty four degrees of total and its still solid. Plugs remain clean as hell.

So, just thought I'd share the feedback. It works so well I actually would have built the current motor with a little more compression, had I known.
'73 F250, 533 on N2o, 35spln chromo Superior/CTM D60/D70, twinsticked 205, hydro-assist, f&r lockers, 46" Titan R1s. Videos: bad ass ford - YouTube Bad Ass Ford2 - YouTube

Last edited by Proeliator; 05-25-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Proeliator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 40162
I would be pretty damn skeptical hearing this from anyone other than you. I read their website, but they never gave any price- so how much is the stuff??

Last edited by wyldstallyn73; 05-25-2010 at 05:45 PM.
wyldstallyn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 41097
Send a message via MSN to mustange70
Humm, I may have to give this a try . . . my 400 is running similar compression as your stroker in both static and dynamic is close (not 100 % sure, but its way up there) . . .idears (this is the same stuff we were talking about in the high octane fuel thread in the mud forum right?)

Hardgrass Havoc It'll only be bigger, better, & tougher next year
mustange70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 68844
Yes it is, and THANK YOU Pro for posting this. I will be planning on this additive as part of my setup when I build my 545. Are their blended oils synthetic?
Originally Posted by Texas97 View Post
dont know why... unless its some new hippie tree hugger brady campaign sissy ass bedwetter gun control nanny state facist orwellian barbara streisand law that just passed....
redpitbull44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldstallyn73 View Post
I would be pretty damn skeptical hearing this from anyone other than you. I read their website, but they never gave any price- so how much is the stuff??
Tell me about it. But, after talking to a bunch of racers using it and talking to the owner (I forget his name) I figured I'd give it a shot. Now, I'm still not convinced you can't do the same thing with some lead, acetone, and stabilizers, but whatever he has in this does the job. I forget what I paid for it, but it didn't seem like very much, and when you the cents per gallon breakdown its pretty cheap. Not as cheap as acetone, but way cheaper than race or av gas.

All his contact info is here, call him up and he'll talk to you more about it and give you the prices: BND Automotive

PO Box 670016
Sagamore Hills, OH 44067
440-821-9040
925-281-0181 fax
sales@bndautomotive.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpitbull44 View Post
Yes it is, and THANK YOU Pro for posting this. I will be planning on this additive as part of my setup when I build my 545. Are their blended oils synthetic?
Yup. Pretty damn expensive but the guys running his oil have done oil comparisons and swear by that stuff as well. Basically he gets all the specs of the motor and application and blends from there.
'73 F250, 533 on N2o, 35spln chromo Superior/CTM D60/D70, twinsticked 205, hydro-assist, f&r lockers, 46" Titan R1s. Videos: bad ass ford - YouTube Bad Ass Ford2 - YouTube
Old 05-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 63730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proeliator View Post
I'm running it on a 12.4:1 static, 11:1 dynamic bbf stroker.What I found, is that even with my compression ratio I can't get the motor to detonate even with some well advanced timing; mixing it with the advertised one ounce per six gallons (premium). I've tried it up to eighteen degrees of initial and forty four degrees of total and its still solid. Plugs remain clean as hell.
So.......does this mean we're ready to FLOG or what? I happen to be on my days off, my slugs are in & rear brackets are burnt in rotor/hubs installed. Exorcism performed to eradicate all the SuperBeat gremlins??
Or could this be a diversionary tactic?in an attempt to lull us into a false sense of (in)security.
Big79'Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 71446
Send a message via AIM to WHITE RHINO
lame no pics on this thread prolpogifuhyfxgxcghvhjkjhl you fail
Old 05-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 43190
I'll have to check it out as well. If the weather ever gets better I can get my dana 60 swaped in to match the rear gears of the new/old 14 bolt.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 41097
Yeah this may be be a better alternative that 110, actually makes having a high compression street motor more practical, still need to mix and get the acetone mix running, as when you're in the middle of the bald paire race fuel isn't alway easy to come by lol.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 63730
Quote:
Originally Posted by blown4x4 View Post
I'll have to check it out as well. If the weather ever gets better I can get my dana 60 swaped in to match the rear gears of the new/old 14 bolt.
John...FOMOCO MOFO SACRILAGE runnin' GM junk in yer' trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustange70 View Post
Yeah this may be be a better alternative that 110, actually makes having a high compression street motor more practical, still need to mix and get the acetone mix running, as when you're in the middle of the bald paire race fuel isn't alway easy to come by lol.
STANG....For my 11.6 to 1 cr BBF, after a knowlwedgeable tuner massaged it, (you know who....screen name begins w/P)Practical doesn't seem appropriate for me. Unmanageable definitely comes to mind. Yes the manual tranny amplifies the gnarliness. What I've done is essentially turned the Big Green Hunka' Junk into a trailer queen. We absolutely miss terrorizing commuters occasionally. However...my BBF has never had more HP.
Again I have to be careful what I wish for.
Big79'Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 41097
well terry, you could always run the pane . . . . .

Old 05-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 43190
[QUOTE=Big79'Terry;11461417]John...FOMOCO MOFO SACRILAGE runnin' GM junk in yer' trunk.

Yeah yeah. I built it when I was 18. 5.13s with a detroit. It seems to be holding up better then the dana 70 I broke twice.

Anyways what is the max compression you can run with this stuff?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
On a pale horse

Member # 12042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big79'Terry View Post
STANG....For my 11.6 to 1 cr BBF, after a knowlwedgeable tuner massaged it, (you know who....screen name begins w/P)Practical doesn't seem appropriate for me.
Practical is always inappropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown4x4 View Post
Anyways what is the max compression you can run with this stuff?
Considering that I'm at @11:1 dynamic with healthy timing and a little under their suggested mix I'm damn well sure I could get by on this stuff at 12:1 dynamic with moderate timing. In fact, I would have gone that route had I known. Ah well, I can always shave some of the heads next time they're off

I forget off hand, but I think they advertise around 105 octane value at full mix with supreme.