Pirate 4x4 banner

Credit where credit is due.

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Proeliator 
#1 · (Edited)
This doesn't fit well in any one category, but since its running in a Ford engine here we go.

Now, I am the last person to be taken by any sort of snake oil. I haven't used a non stream product in my motors in I don't even know how many years. For motors that needed high octane I'd either just add acetone or use aviation fuel.

Enter ACES IV (here is just one of many links) http://www.hitechfuel.com/products/aces_IV.asp

This is the direct link to the actual company and the guy I talked to/bought it from. They also sell custom blend oils which I think I'll give a try: http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/931760.htm

I was turned onto this by guys racing cars and boats. The claims seemed preposterous but after researching the hell out of it I couldn't find a single bit of data to the contrary. Ultimately its not that expensive so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm running it on a 12.4:1 static, 11:1 dynamic bbf stroker.

What I found, is that even with my compression ratio I can't get the motor to detonate even with some well advanced timing; mixing it with the advertised one ounce per six gallons (premium). I've tried it up to eighteen degrees of initial and forty four degrees of total and its still solid. Plugs remain clean as hell.

So, just thought I'd share the feedback. It works so well I actually would have built the current motor with a little more compression, had I known.

See less See more
#5 ·
Tell me about it. But, after talking to a bunch of racers using it and talking to the owner (I forget his name) I figured I'd give it a shot. Now, I'm still not convinced you can't do the same thing with some lead, acetone, and stabilizers, but whatever he has in this does the job. I forget what I paid for it, but it didn't seem like very much, and when you the cents per gallon breakdown its pretty cheap. Not as cheap as acetone, but way cheaper than race or av gas.

All his contact info is here, call him up and he'll talk to you more about it and give you the prices: BND Automotive

PO Box 670016
Sagamore Hills, OH 44067
440-821-9040
925-281-0181 fax
sales@bndautomotive.com

Yes it is, and THANK YOU Pro for posting this. I will be planning on this additive as part of my setup when I build my 545. Are their blended oils synthetic?
Yup. Pretty damn expensive but the guys running his oil have done oil comparisons and swear by that stuff as well. Basically he gets all the specs of the motor and application and blends from there.

#3 ·
Humm, I may have to give this a try . . . my 400 is running similar compression as your stroker in both static and dynamic is close (not 100 % sure, but its way up there) . . .idears (this is the same stuff we were talking about in the high octane fuel thread in the mud forum right?)

#4 ·
Yes it is, and THANK YOU Pro for posting this. I will be planning on this additive as part of my setup when I build my 545. Are their blended oils synthetic?

#6 ·
I'm running it on a 12.4:1 static, 11:1 dynamic bbf stroker.What I found, is that even with my compression ratio I can't get the motor to detonate even with some well advanced timing; mixing it with the advertised one ounce per six gallons (premium). I've tried it up to eighteen degrees of initial and forty four degrees of total and its still solid. Plugs remain clean as hell.
So.......does this mean we're ready to FLOG or what? I happen to be on my days off, my slugs are in & rear brackets are burnt in rotor/hubs installed. Exorcism performed to eradicate all the SuperBeat gremlins??:flipoff2:
Or could this be a diversionary tactic:eek:?in an attempt to lull us into a false sense of (in)security.

#10 ·
John...FOMOCO MOFO SACRILAGE runnin' GM junk in yer' trunk.:flipoff2:

Yeah this may be be a better alternative that 110, actually makes having a high compression street motor more practical, still need to mix and get the acetone mix running, as when you're in the middle of the bald paire race fuel isn't alway easy to come by lol.
STANG....For my 11.6 to 1 cr BBF, after a knowlwedgeable tuner massaged it, (you know who....screen name begins w/P:flipoff2:)Practical doesn't seem appropriate for me. Unmanageable definitely comes to mind. Yes the manual tranny amplifies the gnarliness. What I've done is essentially turned the Big Green Hunka' Junk into a trailer queen. We absolutely miss terrorizing commuters occasionally. However...my BBF has never had more HP.:D
Again I have to be careful what I wish for.:eek:

#9 ·
Yeah this may be be a better alternative that 110, actually makes having a high compression street motor more practical, still need to mix and get the acetone mix running, as when you're in the middle of the bald paire race fuel isn't alway easy to come by lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.