Pirate 4x4 banner

Spicer D70 stub in a ford hub issues

601 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cheapthrillb2 
#1 ·
Ok I got the Dodge/Chevy D70 front stubs, I have a 95 Ford D60. I already trimmed 5/8's off the end of the stub. But when I slide the Warn 35 spline lockout into the hub it bottoms out at the end of the splines before it fits all the way in so I cannot install the larger snap ring to hold it into the hub. I think about my only option is to file the splines further down the stub to allow the lockout to slide further on......

Anybody got any insight? I have a about .850-.900" of spline right now to work with and believe MOST 35 spline flanges are all 1" thick so that wouldn't work also.

#2 ·
Did you buy the wrong stubs or something? My shit slid right on.

#3 ·
I had to extend the length of the splines deeper on the stub. the lockout was bottoming out on the splines before sliding into the hub all the way. I replaced the inner bearing race with the wider d60 carrier bearing race and it got me closer but still not close enough to get the clip in to hold the lockout. So after extending the length of the splines with a file and reinstalled the orig race the lockouts slide all the way in and now can get the outer clip on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.