Pirate 4x4 banner

Ford Dana 60 driver's side lower spring plate.

33K views 79 replies 42 participants last post by  rickb 
#1 ·
I finally broke down and bought a Dana 60 front end to bolt up under my 95 F-250 powerstroke. Only thing that is missing is the lower spring plate for the drivers side. It's the cast one that goes under the housing. Anyone know who sells them, or do any of you that have linked your 60's have one to sell? It's an early 90's ball joint dana 60, not the earlier style kingpin 60 if that matters.

Thanks!

#3 ·
I just bought one to do the swap for my 97'. Got it from Ford, who said it was out of production, but my parts guy is the shit and located one. Ford's part # is: E5TZ-5A316-A. It was not cheap, about $100, but it's the correct factory part for my 96' Ball Joint front axle. I'm still piecing all my stuff together, waiting on sway bar end links and poly bushings.

If it helps, alot of stuff is the same from different year trucks. My trac bar mount is from a 90' F-450 with a beam axle, as well as the trac bar and frame mounts for the sway bars. Top u-bolt plates are the same as the TTB, but stuff like this lower u-bolt plate is specific.

You probably heard this 20 times, but if you can score a F-350 for cheap( gas motor'd turd with 800k miles) and swap everything over, you'll be ahead of the game. But most F-350's aren't cheap and are still on the road.

#6 ·
Mr.N, Yeah that's the piece I need, but as Mikevyota was saying I will have to check if that's the right style... The one under my 93 F-350 crewcab has the angle built into it like the one mike's talking about.

$100 from the dealer! Jeez that seems a bit steep! :eek:

Oh and I did buy an old wore out gasser F-350... but I ended up liking it and seeing too much potential in it to part it out. Seems like I do that more often than not. :shaking:

#13 ·
If you havent found one, I have one from a 93. Just pay the shipping and you can have it. I drilled out the webbing and ran my u-bolts facing up.

#15 ·
Did you find one yet? I haven't been on in a while so just checking. Either way just give me a holler.

#26 · (Edited)
u-bolts not needed, just pickup some ~8" grade 8s, put 'em in from the bottom and put a spring plate on top, you'll gain clearance over what running the square u-bolts in from the top would give ya

also, for reference, obviously my axle is a ball joint axle, it came from a `94 and uses the same style as the pic outfitter posted

#21 ·
Any good parts store or spring place will have the u-bolts, square u-bolts are pretty common.
As for drilling the web, lots pf guys drill or notch, personally I would rather put up with the u bolts being down rather than creating an unneeded stress riser... But my junk is heavy... lol

#22 ·
I used the ubolts from Blue Torch Fab.

#24 ·
I was about ready to post this exact same message, so I decided just to hijack instead. I need the same plate for a 85-91 kingpin front end. I've looked around and sent a message to the guy I bought the front end from, but nothing yet... Any assistance would be appreciated.

#27 ·
dirtch the bottom plate and drill a hole in the web like said before and use round u-bolts. even more clearance then. any spring shop can bend you a set for cheap.. i get them bent with all the hardware any length for $12 each. so $24 per spring

just wondering but how much did the grade 8 hardware cost? i cant imagin 8" bolts being real cheap. it would also be a good idea to run fine thread if you go this route

#28 ·
just throwin' it out there as another option...

you're right, the hardware probably wouldnt be cheap buying each bolt individually, but my local ace hardware will sell me stuff by the pound. i think most of 'em will if you just tell the cashier you didnt feel like writing down all the individual item #s.

#31 ·
You need a 4" u-bolt. Ruffstuff and Blue Torch Fab carry them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.