Pirate 4x4 banner

7.3 diesel

925 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Rot Box 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Right got myself a 7.3 diesel V8, prob a boat anchor to you guys, but hey I `m in England, over 2 litres is big! anyway i want to up the power, but aint got mega££££, so your the experts...

thanks and flame suit on:flipoff2:

#4 ·
So, a 7.3 IDI, fist things first, it needs a turbo, then more fuel, head studs and so on soforth... lol

#6 ·
if its non turbo it probably has a high compression ratio. so at or above 20:1 the turbo will make a difference but to really benift from one of those you would need to drop the compression ratio.

you could turn up the fuel screw on your Injector pump. be sure to watch your egts tho.

honestly i would do minor tweaking on it before i even began to mess with it to much. like a full flowing mandrel bent exhaust system and a good air intake filter, then maby turn up the pump. anything else is going to be either alot of money alot of time or for not that great of an improvement.

if that motor were a power house or had aalot of power potential like a cummins people would be modding them instead.

#7 ·
The 7.3 is highly prized over here we spent six months looking for my brothers F350.....

Its one of the early ones, came out of an econoline camper, I don`t have the engine number to hand, but its not the ecu controlled one.
Sounds like a early 90's model I think it was 1994 when they offered the turbo from the factory you might want to check me on that date.

was thinking of the turbo route, parts are scarce over here, so what you got in your workshops that you don`t want...lol
Find a Econoline van with a turbo or go for a Banks kit... Sorry my garage is full of kids toys and fresh out of projects or project parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.