Pirate 4x4 banner

Rockstar Ranger build

70K views 301 replies 50 participants last post by  Josh40601 
#1 ·
Ok, the Bronk buggy pretty much sucked. I started it on a $0 budget with traded parts and home-made garbage. Too much shit welded in, and frankly, shit welds from a pos old Miller. Now that I'm on a decent budget with a good welder, because all of the old stuff can't be un-done, I'll put the good new parts on something worth the effort.
I have a '94 Ranger that I bought in February, been on daily driver duty. It's a stripped commercial truck, 2wd, 4.0, whatever shit trans, no a/c, power nothing (only pwr steering), rubber floors, etc...

Immediate plans are:
Dana 44/9" @ 5.38:1
4-link f/r
BW1354 doubler
37'' Iroks
Full hydro steering
Bobbed frame and bed
10g fuel cell
----------------------
Later down the road:
302 on propane
NP435/NP205
Interior cage
Boatsides
Fiberglass fenders, hood, bedsides, and home-made 'glass doors
And whatever you guys tell me to do! :flipoff2:

See less See more
#6 ·
Well, to be honest, I was gonna leave the 4.0 and shit-auto in it and just put my divorced 205 behind it. Until I cooked the fawker today. I was coming home, temp gauge is at "N" in NORMAL. At the red light I hear gurgling, and no electric fan... Temp is still at "N". Driving again, lifters start chattering, I pull over and rig the wires to the fan over straight to the battery. It works. I get home, kill it, gurgling again, tried to restart (because I'm crooked as all shit) and it just turns over, but no fire. Waited an hour and it fires up. Hell, I dunno. Damn thing has 176,000 on the odo, can't live forever.

I'm going with the 302,435,D20 like soonish. :D

#8 · (Edited)
Bad news for the 302...

But, it was only on the #8, all the pistons are Ford .060 over so if it'll hone out, I'll just build it. But it's money that I didn't want to spend. I still came out better on the trade, a $500 truck for the 302, C4, D20. Sold the C4 yesterday for $140, about to sell the D20, and the 302 has about $3000 worth of high speed parts on it...

#12 ·
Slo-vo, the pull-a-part here in Knoxville has a few 435's and t-18's.

Yeah, 302 is out... for now. Going to buy another 4.0 for $300 from the Mexican Carmax (junkyard). A buddy said he wants his high school class to build the one that's in it for a project... FAWK THAT. I'll be 6 months waiting. I'll let 'em do it, but it'll be a spare.

Sending the check for the adapter Monday, so it'll be here when I get back from the Bahamas on the 24th. Then I'll go to pull-a-part and get my trans and t-case. :smokin:

#15 ·
Well, I'm back from the Bahamas, time to work. I bought a couple bare radius arms from work and had them powdercoated to match my 4-link. I'm taking the ranger to work to build it, I have to admit, I'm spoiled by the plasma cutter and Scotchman Ironworker.

#19 ·
Fah-q skuzi. You're helping. :flipoff2:

Didn't get that good of a deal, really. Bought them un-assembled, built off the clock, and I have to pay for the powder. I did, however, get the 4-link at a steal. They were off of Ted Nugent's Bronco, and apparently they got swapped when Mark and skuzi re-did it for Stacey David's Gearz.

And yes, slovo, it is nice. Until it gets hot outside. :mad3:

#26 ·
that is very tempting.... If i don't get the one that is on the way home, and he still has it when i get back. I just may very well take you up on that offer. I'll keep you posted. (he probably won't want to sell it to me anyway)

That's bad ass you would even offer that though buddy. I really do appreciate it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.