79 Bronco 05+Superduty Tons - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Brand Specific Tech > Ford
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Couple options. You can get a standard yoke of an earlier axle 94 or newer I think or you can get a flange that will bolt up from Randys. You may need a 1330/1350 combo joint or if your shortening the driveshaft anyway you could get a 1350 weld yoke. The oem flange for that axle is 1410, fyi
Yeah it's a 1410. I just called Randy's and they can't get them. The problem is I don't know exactly what this axle came out of. I know its an 05+ superduty but the guys at the ford dealership need a vin number because there are 15 different yokes for that year depending on engine, wheelbase, gears, manufacture date ect. I'm sure the guy who I normally talk to there would help me find the right one, but there was some other jackass working there that couldn't be bothered to narrow it down to a couple for me. I have a 10.25 I could pull the yoke from, that is starting to look like the best option at the moment. I've heard that you need a bad ass puller to get it off, but I can just borrow one from work I guess. It's always the last, little things that get you, this is going to cause me alot of work I didn't realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
Right on. My old boss lives just down the road from where your Bronco is at. I'll probably be dropping by Advance in a day or two to order myself a flywheel ring gear, as mine's stripped out. Maybe meet you then.
Sounds good man. My name is Tommy, I'll get you a good price.
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member # 148218
Location: BFE, NV
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdmayfieldiv View Post
Yeah it's a 1410. I just called Randy's and they can't get them. The problem is I don't know exactly what this axle came out of. I know its an 05+ superduty but the guys at the ford dealership need a vin number because there are 15 different yokes for that year depending on engine, wheelbase, gears, manufacture date ect. I'm sure the guy who I normally talk to there would help me find the right one, but there was some other jackass working there that couldn't be bothered to narrow it down to a couple for me. I have a 10.25 I could pull the yoke from, that is starting to look like the best option at the moment. I've heard that you need a bad ass puller to get it off, but I can just borrow one from work I guess. It's always the last, little things that get you, this is going to cause me alot of work I didn't realize.



Sounds good man. My name is Tommy, I'll get you a good price.
Ive used a socket and a BFH to get those off just be careful not to fubar the threads on the pinion. However, a puller would be ideal. You will also need a new pinion seal and crush sleeve so you can reset the pinion preload. Good luck.
__________________
90 YJ, EFI 351w, NP435, BW4407, 2005 Ford Tons on 43" SX's and TWF H1's
01 Super Duty 7.3 ZF6
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
So you took the carrier out and hammered the pinion in?

I think I'll keep tension on it with the puller and go at it with the air hammer.

God damnit Ford.

Last edited by Tdmayfieldiv; 08-22-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
55 in a 75
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Ive used a socket and a BFH to get those off just be careful not to fubar the threads on the pinion. However, a puller would be ideal. You will also need a new pinion seal and crush sleeve so you can reset the pinion preload. Good luck.
I'd get some Ford 9" pinion shims and scrap the crush sleeve.

EDIT: In this thread, you'll see a problematic bevel the guy is talking about in post #13.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...h+sleeve+shims

You can still use the shims, you just have to grind one out a bit so it can fit over the bevel.
__________________
-Dave

Last edited by Dr.Danger; 08-22-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member # 148218
Location: BFE, NV
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdmayfieldiv View Post
So you took the carrier out and hammered the pinion in?

I think I'll keep tension on it with the puller and go at it with the air hammer.

God damnit Ford.

Yeah, I had the carrier out when I used the hammer method. While I was setting up the new gears I used a puller (several times).
__________________
90 YJ, EFI 351w, NP435, BW4407, 2005 Ford Tons on 43" SX's and TWF H1's
01 Super Duty 7.3 ZF6
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
I'd get some Ford 9" pinion shims and scrap the crush sleeve.

EDIT: In this thread, you'll see a problematic bevel the guy is talking about in post #13.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...h+sleeve+shims

You can still use the shims, you just have to grind one out a bit so it can fit over the bevel.
Good thing I have a bunch of ford axles laying around. I can get the yoke off the 10.25 and the shims off my old 9"
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered User
 
68fbjjz109's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 169574
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdmayfieldiv View Post
I need this part. I work at advance and can't get it and the guys at the ford dealership don't know what i'm talking about.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I am glad to hear I am not the only one... a trip to the junkyard it is.
68fbjjz109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
Its a proportioning valve for the rear drum trucks. I gutted mine.

I spent all day running brake lines. I ****ing hate running brake lines. Its all fine and dandy until you find a leak when you try to bleed it. Then you have brake fluid leaking all over your hand slipping off wrenches....**** that.

Anyway, these brakes are tits. After the 3rd time bleeding them I can lock up all 4 pretty easily.

Rti'ed it.




Driveshaft will not need to be shortened.



I need longer shocks





Last edited by Tdmayfieldiv; 08-23-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
Drove all around town today. Brakes are awesome, front cardan joint needs to be rebuilt. Handles awesome, no dw, tracks straight and no vibrations. I got lots of looks.



Getting the front tires put on. Also looking over everything on the lift. Good thing I did, some bolts needed to be tightened.







Looks better with the 37's

Flex sucks with the shocks
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 143984
Location: North Bay, Ontario
Posts: 207
Cool build...I like it
Duty calls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:42 AM   #36 (permalink)
55 in a 75
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 1,932
Tommy, I have definitely been out to that place before. I bought a C6/205 and a driveshaft from one of the residents almost 2 years ago, but I can't remember his name. Might be you? The guy was stripping down an old Chevy and pulling the 454 from it at the time. I wasn't a member of PBB at the time though.

Either way, she's looking good, and glad to hear you got her running around town. Once I get my transmission rebuilt and installed later this week you'll probably see a blue '83 F-250 on humvee tires running around town, that's mine.
__________________
-Dave
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:18 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Member # 183978
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 490
I'm a little late on this, but another option on the rear driveshaft would have been to find a junkyard superduty front shaft and get an np205 output flange from jb conversions. You'd have had to buy the flange, and probably get the driveshaft shortened, but you get 1410 u-joints out of it. That's the route I'm looking at going with.

Last edited by gbkeith; 08-28-2011 at 12:50 PM. Reason: jb fab is not jb conversions, and I'm a moron.
gbkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
Aren't all of the newer superduty driveshafts 2 piece?
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
Tommy, I have definitely been out to that place before. I bought a C6/205 and a driveshaft from one of the residents almost 2 years ago, but I can't remember his name. Might be you? The guy was stripping down an old Chevy and pulling the 454 from it at the time. I wasn't a member of PBB at the time though.

Either way, she's looking good, and glad to hear you got her running around town. Once I get my transmission rebuilt and installed later this week you'll probably see a blue '83 F-250 on humvee tires running around town, that's mine.
No that wasnt me.

9-7 is our first meeting. Sams parking lot 8:30.
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Member # 197531
Posts: 3
I have an 06 super duty I can take some pics to see if it's the same sterling rear end yoke and give you a vin if you haven't got that covered yet?
__________________
1980 fullsize Jimmy, 14 bolt, 4 whl disc ,383 Edelbrock AL heads ,10 inch lift 38.5 ,crossover steer
Zmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Member # 183978
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdmayfieldiv View Post
Aren't all of the newer superduty driveshafts 2 piece?
Not the front shafts.
gbkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
The front shafts are 1350
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 85147
Location: Qc,Canada
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdmayfieldiv View Post
Also, I have an 02 lightning m/c, will that push enough fluid for the dual piston calipers?
Check your m/c bore. Just did the same axle swap on my BroncoII and I got an E-250 m/c which has a 1 5/16" cyl bore.
Even with 42" tires I can stop the thing on a dime

oops, still had not read the second page before answering...

Anyway, cool build
__________________
1985 BroncoII, 302/C4/BW1350/1350, dana 60 + lincoln 10.5

Last edited by Raptor.CA; 08-28-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Raptor.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
With the 3:73's this thing is a dog. Even with the 400 (the best engine ever made by anyone anywhere) I have a hard time getting up to 65. By no means is this a daily driver so i'm not worried about being able to go highway speeds, I just don't want to be hammering on it in the rocks because that never ends up good unless you're driving fat girl.

I'm looking for gears, either 5:13 or 5:38. Looks like bronco graveyard has the best price so far.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-...ring-kits.html

not stuck on timken bearings per say. I know they're the best but if it comes down to it i'm not going to pass up a good deal just for timkens.

I guess if if there is any place to spend money, its on bearings though.\

Anyways, anywhere cheaper on gears? I've searched other places buying them separately but it always ends up being more expensive.

I also need an open carrier so I can make myself a lockah

Last edited by Tdmayfieldiv; 08-28-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
Officially done.



stock bronco top end, shortened 3 inches, 1410 slip yoke, 1410 joint, 1410 flange. Also picked up a spare 1410 and 1330/1350 joint for the front.

Almost flopped it over on the rti ramp, then decided to do donuts instead Limited slip still works.
Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:29 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member # 159026
Location: College Station, Tx
Posts: 489
Hf halogen driving lights. $20.00 for 4




Tdmayfieldiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 95468
Location: The promised land, TX
Posts: 236
pretty sick man, I live in Caldwell and will be doing about the same to my 90 F250 pretty quick, mind if I came by sometime so you could show it off?
__________________
If you can't fix it with a hammer... it must be an electrical problem.

Beat it till it works or beat it till it squirts!
oldblue05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #48 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
T.mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member # 30216
Location: texas
Posts: 122
Shits gay.
__________________
'82 cj5
T.mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #49 (permalink)
55 in a 75
 
Dr.Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Member # 168243
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 1,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue05 View Post
pretty sick man, I live in Caldwell and will be doing about the same to my 90 F250 pretty quick, mind if I came by sometime so you could show it off?
Good to know there's a lot more locals on the board than I thought.



Diggin' the rock lights. BTW, when is the next TAMU offroad meeting? I had to work during the last one.
__________________
-Dave
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 AM   #50 (permalink)
Rock God
 
7.62FMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member # 66780
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdmayfieldiv View Post
With the 3:73's this thing is a dog. Even with the 400 (the best engine ever made by anyone anywhere) I have a hard time getting up to 65. By no means is this a daily driver so i'm not worried about being able to go highway speeds, I just don't want to be hammering on it in the rocks because that never ends up good unless you're driving fat girl.

I'm looking for gears, either 5:13 or 5:38. Looks like bronco graveyard has the best price so far.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-...ring-kits.html

not stuck on timken bearings per say. I know they're the best but if it comes down to it i'm not going to pass up a good deal just for timkens.

I guess if if there is any place to spend money, its on bearings though.\

Anyways, anywhere cheaper on gears? I've searched other places buying them separately but it always ends up being more expensive.

I also need an open carrier so I can make myself a lockah
The vendor's here on the PBB usually have the best prices. Last quote I got was for $275...Yukon gears, master install, and shipping.

Your Bronco is bitchin'!
__________________
Awwww Piss!
7.62FMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.