Sierra Trek Registration is now OPEN! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Fordyce Creek
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 498
Send a message via ICQ to WheelingPiazza Send a message via AIM to WheelingPiazza
Sierra Trek Registration is now OPEN!

Come join us at Meadow Lake for the 45th Annual Sierra Trek event on August 9-12, 2012. We are working hard to bring back some of the traditions of Sierra Trek and to introduce new and fun activities for families that we know you will enjoy. You can still run the famous Fordyce trail with the confidence that the trail staff will make your adventure memorable!

This year we are bringing back two-day SUV and the ATV/UTV runs. The two-day SUV run explores the back roads of the Meadow Lake and is guaranteed to offer fantastic views of the High Sierra, Lake Tahoe, and the Rubicon River Valley. This run can be done with a stock vehicle that is equipped with 4WD. The ATV/UTV run follows roads and trails in the Meadow Lake area and is hosted by members of the Cal Sierra ATV/UTV club. Remember if you want to experience both the Fordyce Trail and an ATV or SUV run you can simply add them for an additional fee of $50 dollars each.

Invite your friends and family to come out to Sierra Trek. In years past, participants had to pay a temporary membership or join Cal 4 wheel to enjoy Sierra Trek. New for this year, we are no longer requiring that you be a Cal 4 Wheel member to enjoy Sierra Trek! What that means is, if you want to come out and enjoy the trail, SUV or ATV runs or just enjoy the entertainment, food and bar without being a member of Cal 4 Wheel, you can. When signing up for the Sierra Trek event, if you or your family just want to enjoy the food and/or entertainment, simply check the food and entertainment or entertainment only box on the registration form.

We are adjusting some of the Trail run names for this year:

The Thursday Short wheel base run is now known as the Thursday Fordyce run.
The Friday short wheelbase run is now known as Friday Fordyce run.
The Saturday Intermediate run is now known as Outer Limits.
Make your plans now to attend the 45th Sierra Trek, whether to run these new runs or to run the traditional runs like the Friday Top end, Rock in into the Night (formally Star Trek), and the Saturday River Run, you, your family and friends are bound to have a great time.

As we did in 2011, Saturday we’ll be focusing on getting everyone in camp to play for the afternoon – last year’s canoe races, marshmallow driving contest, horseshoes, and cards tournament were a hit, and we’re working on adding even more fun to the mix. Saturday lunch will be back, so come hungry, and plan to stay in main camp, enjoying the fun, right up until Saturday’s big dinner!

Steve
Sierra Trek Chair 2012
Old 02-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 54833
Maybe I'm reading the trail descriptions wrong, but most of them say that departure is at 0-dark thirty. Does this mean that most runs are night runs starting at 8 or 9pm and getting back to base camp in the wee hours of the morning?
I'm trying to figure out which runs to register for so me and my family can have an awesome time. Thanks for clarifying this for me.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 498
Send a message via ICQ to WheelingPiazza Send a message via AIM to WheelingPiazza
RockyBar,

The only Night run is the "Rockin into the Night" that departs Cisco Grove at 7pm Friday night.

Wed,Thursday, Friday and Saturday runs all start around 4:30 or 5:30 in the morning. To most that's o dark thirty :-)

Just for clarification:

There was some confusion about the registration last year, If you sign up for a run, your meals are only covered from the date of the run forward. For example if I sign up for a Friday run but arrive at Meadow lake base camp on Thursday, the meals are not covered on Thursday. If you would like Dinner on Thursday there is an extra 10 dollar per person charge. (This applies to all runs and the opposing days.)

Feel free to PM, Email or Call
Steve Piazza
Sierra Trek Chair 2012.

Last edited by WheelingPiazza; 02-21-2012 at 05:56 AM.
WheelingPiazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 17870
I would say that the "O dark thirty" means that they haven't set a actual time yet. In the past the day runs have started at 6:00 am.

Edit, you got the correct answer from da MAN!

After a while you realize the PIG is enjoying himself!

Last edited by pepe; 02-20-2012 at 07:46 PM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 54833
Thanks for the clarification, I guess the 0-part of it should have been the givaway I may not be quick, but eventually I figure it out.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 24859
Link to reg. ?
Old 02-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 498
You can register for the event two ways.

1. Go to http://cal4wheel.com/event-registrations and download the registration form and mail it in per the instructions on the form.
2. Go to http://cal4wheel.com/events/sierra-trek and click the "Register Online" Button on the top of the page.

Regards
Steve Piazza
Sierra Trek Chair 2012/
Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 28
Send a message via AIM to Rock Toy
Thanks! Looks like we'll be making it out this year. Looking forward to it.