Pirate 4x4 banner

Fordyce Clean Up Oct 11 2014

4K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  jethrodeg 
#1 · (Edited)
Fordyce trail is in desperate need of a white flower cleanup.

WeBilt 4wd Club will be on the Fordyce Trail Saturday Oct 11.

Tentative plans for our club is to camp @ Driveline Hill.
We will set out in the morning in groups to inspect & clean the various camping spots Pierce Creek OHV area up to at least H2O crossing #1.. Hopefully we can make it up to WH #1 (depends on amount/time of clean-up).

WeBilt will be centering our attention on the areas below WH #1 (this is the area designated as Adopt-A-Trail)
WeBilt wants to challege other clubs & trail users to deal with the upper sections. Please Forward this to any club you are affiliated with/board that you frequent.

I believe Keith (kdub0013) & others will be basing from Fordyce Lake & working their way down/up the trail.

WeBilt plans to have an after-party/BBQ that evening (currently BYO food & drinks). All are invited.

At this point, the date is set, but plans/logistics may change slightly.

Other spots that will need to be addressed: (Please post up any other locations/names that you can think of).

Secret Spot Campground
Entire Committee area both sides of the river
WH #3
WH #4 (if needed/people make it that far)

Please post up if you can make it.

Items that are useful in bulk:
Trash Bags
Surgical Gloves
Soap/Hand Sanitzer

Other useful things:
Trailers
Rakes
Shovels
3' clampers/spiked sticks (park cleaner types)

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
I have zero commitment still as of now from anyone I know. I will be at committee even if I am by myself and work both sides of the creek. If more people show up then we will work other areas. I will be staying the night saturday it sounds like, but being staged at Cisco and not street legal camping all the way down at DL is out of the question. Hope to see some people up there. :)

#19 ·
WeBilt will be camping Friday night @Drive-Line hill (first hill from Eagle Lakes Trailhead). Probably looking at 12+ rigs.

All are welcome to join us...

Post up if anyone is interested in meeting us (plan on 8:30am Sat drivers meeting).

Please PM me if you are interested on dinner Sat night so we can coordinate food plans.

#25 ·
I have several guys coming in with me at committee and sounds like section 8 krawlers will be up at meadow and come down the trail a bit and pick up what they can. Major focus will be both sides of committee and from there we will go up or down the trail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.