Tow Rigs Broken Into At Fordyce!!!!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Fordyce Creek
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879
Tow Rigs Broken Into At Fordyce!!!!!

WTF, tHIS MAKES ME SOOOOOOO MAD!This is not the first time this has happened it must stop.Today getting back to our tow rigs at eagle lake all our rigs had a window busted out multiple items missing and this is what makes me mad that it could be another wheeler.I dont think that our vehicles being broken into the same time as last year and then the same weekend this year is coincedence but any other time its been fine.We have made police reports and thats that............now I wait and see what happens again.This is a warning if you like your sh*t dont leave it there.

Last edited by jeepfamily; 10-01-2007 at 11:45 PM. Reason: I am mad
jeepfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 17870
Well that freakin sucks!

I guess it would be better to park at cisco and drive down to eagle lakes rd.

After a while you realize the PIG is enjoying himself!

Last edited by Tinman; 10-01-2007 at 06:56 AM.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879
Thieves

A great weekend on a great trail with good friends partially ruined with this b.s............................SHOCKER did you see anything on the way out saturday?It had to of happened saturday night
Old 09-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 35721
and they wonder why they want to close down the trails... this just gives em more reason to...
Old 09-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 55549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ih4ever View Post
and they wonder why they want to close down the trails... this just gives em more reason to...
Ever consider that "they" are the ones doing the vandalism??? Not that an incedent like this would keep us from going back and parking there again but it is discouraging, just what they (eco's) want.

Sounds like its time to get a group together for a setup. A few park and go wheelin, others come in after without rigs (wifes minivan or something, maybe a rental Prius) and wait for the show. If nothing happens, great, sit by the campfire and drink some brew... If something does, camera is on and so is the party!

Its not a Jeep, and dont even think of calling it a Scout!
SonicDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879
rangers and there real job to do

Funny how I see the dodge durango forest ranger out in the middle of nowhere giving dui's and fix it tickets but not once seen them at the trail head...I have never seen one on the trail.Makes me mad but I am not going to blame the rangers for a p.o.s loser that needs to steal. I want ideas on how to stop this?It seems to rarely happen at the rubicon or anywhere else I have been but this has been a problem since last year that never got resolved.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Porch Monkey

Member # 3132
Send a message via AIM to NOODLES Send a message via Yahoo to NOODLES
same thing happened to me and luvnit4x4. my wing got busted out, they tore everything from my glove box and stole the stereo face.

the broke into my buddies late model chevy truck, broke the drivers window, took his stereo face, and took all his new mac straps and the control box for his warn winch that we never wired up.

my wing window is still broke and the dome light is still not fixed. this happened memorial day weekend up there.
NOODLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879
Trucks

Everything was gone through and scattered throughout the cab.Wierd
what they took and what was left, looks like they were in search of cash.I really dont want to say what was stolen until we find it on craigslist the home of stolen goods.A truck was left unscathed and it was a utility bed but some other rigs that I didn't know got it pretty bad, one had car seats and I could only guess(as having kids myself)what to do when you get back with 2-3 kids and no back window and glass flying around at 60 on hwy80:flipoff2 ::flipoff2 :
Old 09-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Porch Monkey

Member # 3132
Send a message via AIM to NOODLES Send a message via Yahoo to NOODLES
just be glad you still have a rig, i was glad. any chevy key shaved a bit would have let it drive off. I have a older suburban. sounds like the same clowns that got me. scattered shit every where and just after stupid shit. why take half a stereo?
NOODLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 93493
One of my buddys had his Tacoma broke into this weekend too. It was near Fordyce lake. They came in through the back window. They went through the whole truck. Took all kinds of stuff. Its a crappy end to such a bad ass weekend.
Used2Ba83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 4565
Send a message via AIM to stoneyxj
i am betting the reason it happens there as compared to the rubicon, is the fact that its only 5 min off the highway. i mean ANYONE can jsut drive off the road on the way home from the mountains pick up what they need and be gone. ITs HELLA GAY! people need to be shot!
i will be parking my rig at cisco next weekend!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 22368
you know someone really needs to stake this place out.. just leave your rig there as bait and hang out somewere within the vicinity so you can watch over things...

If it happens this often (which is obviously does) then it shouldn't be that hard to bust these fucking theiving little bastards..

I no longer park in there because of this reason.. I park somewere else.. which I will not give away.. but I've been lucky so far.

When I used to park in the turn-about i'd take everything I could out of it and leave it unlocked.

I hate theives with a passion

New Project in the works, 85' 4runner aka ?

R.I.P to ALL our brothers that have lost their lives doing what they love.

Last edited by shamb; 09-30-2007 at 10:18 PM.
shamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 1597
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2Ba83 View Post
One of my buddys had his Tacoma broke into this weekend too. It was near Fordyce lake. They came in through the back window. They went through the whole truck. Took all kinds of stuff. Its a crappy end to such a bad ass weekend.
Damn tell me that wasn't Zach D's !! We saw his back window open when we came out yesterday. His shit was parked at Cisco on the paved road by the campground/pay parking area!!...holy shiat!!

Originally Posted by Gunmetalcruz
I have broken so many parts in the last decade. Did I beat it, yes every time I turned the key. Parts brake when racing this witch hunt is gay.
BigRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 21358
Just another reason I always park and pay at Cisco these days.

I may be seeing the Tahoe LE officer when we go up on the 27th to check out the trail withe the FS. I will certainly take the opportunity to talk to them about this.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pissing Excellence

Member # 517
Send a message via ICQ to Sillyneck
that blows man

I'll gladly pay the $15 to not worry. hell... 1 of the guys w/ us just tossed his chains and binders in his bed. I'm not that trusting but at least it's a little secure over there. Time to stake out eagle lakes and eliminate the prob if ya get me.
Poly Performance
Off Road Warehouse
MJ Motorsports
Ruffstuff
Driveline Service Sacramento
Wrap Concept
Barnes Welding Supply Sacramento
RADFLO
Sillyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 23802
Dam that sucks… saw u guys driving down 80 yesterday with a blown out back window, those losers need to be taken out in the woods and tied to a rig in the middle of the river for a night or so…
72cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 93493
It was Zacks truck. They took hundreds of CD's from his girl. I know they shouldnt of been left in the truck, but that still sucks. Im willing to park my rig on the road and stake it out. I would love to catch someone.
Used2Ba83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 1170
Ahhh, memories!

This happend to me back in 2002 http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ghlight=stolen

And it happens EVERY YEAR!! I am so in for a stakeout, I wanted to do it before. But just couldnt pull it off. I am pretty sure we narrowed it down to an employee to the Weimar Country Store. That was one of the places that the credit cards were used and the employee that we confronted got a little weided out when we were there.

Ryan
Old 10-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 19392
several vehicles were also broken into saturday night at the staging area for hikers up near rainbow lodge

Bebe's"On Board Mechanic"
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20295
Send a message via MSN to Hendo
i am getting a enclosed gn trailer and then i can park my tow rig in the trailer (if i can get it in)then locking it up but then they might take the trailer
its a dam shame we have to worry about these things
Hendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 54019
Hey guys. I can't believe it, go up to have an honest great time, the least thing I would worry about is your truck being broken into. We passed the staging area about 6:00 and didn't notice anything. We parked outside the staging area along the road and fortunately everything was OK. I'm really sorry for you guys, but I didn't notice anything on the way out. There was only a man and a woman standing near a standard Toyota, looked like hikers maybe, not the standard thief type, but nothing unusual. We had a great time tagging along with you guys and hope we're welcome again . There's always a few people like thieves that have to ruin it!!
shocker065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Pissing Excellence

Member # 517
Send a message via ICQ to Sillyneck
now do you think it's safe to talk about the stake out here or ya think they read? Maybe it's the f-cking greenies considering they read this stuff. All I need is a reason
Poly Performance
Off Road Warehouse
MJ Motorsports
Ruffstuff
Driveline Service Sacramento
Wrap Concept
Barnes Welding Supply Sacramento
RADFLO
Sillyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879
sheriff

Just got off the phone with them and they let me know that between all of us targeted its possible 3-4 felonys for the bastards.

Last edited by jeepfamily; 10-01-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 21881
That totally sucks. I used to park at Eagle Lakes but since have heard of break ins have choose to park at Cisco Groove.

I have heard that a lot of teenagers go up there to party. Not far from Sac and they can have fires with no one complaining about noise. I doubt it is another wheeler, but who is really to say until we catch them.

Once again, that sucks. Wish you the best of luck to find the dumb ass out there break in to others tow rig.

Team Ram Rod - 91
KOH 2012
lil-bronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 19879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyneck View Post
now do you think it's safe to talk about the stake out here or ya think they read? Maybe it's the f-cking greenies considering they read this stuff. All I need is a reason
I think the same,but maybe another wheeler I even believe they look at the page thats why I dont think its smart either to say much without pm each other about the" issue" so that "they" dont see it.Pretty much sucks ,that they had a great opportunity to know it was a big weekend but with the recent opening of the forest maybe they knew we all would be there.