Pirate 4x4 banner

Savvy/Currie/SFR KOH Stock Class Jeep Teaser

391K views 1K replies 176 participants last post by  sol_searcher 
#1 ·
Everyone keeps bugging me about what we're doing for KOH this year, and now that the Jeep is in my shop I guess I can show you a little.

Highlights:
It's an LJ
It'll be on 35" tires
It'll be running a lot of products from Savvy Offroad and Currie Enterprises
It will have a lot of SFR fab work
It's gonna go fast. :flipoff2:

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
History,

This 2006 LJ had 11,000 miles on it. We rebuilt it from a salvaged front end crash.

Just before we cut it up

John Currie built the axles and suspension for it. PSC supplied the steering.

Dallas received it like this. Raceline provided wheels.

#17 ·
You forgot a couple parts there Gerald.

The suspension is all held together with the new Billet Currie Johnny Joints :smokin:

And 12volt guy made us this :grinpimp: switch panel.

You might have also noticed those bright green motor mounts. Those are the new SFR Heavy Duty engine mount plates that should keep the engine in place without having the block crack or any bolts snap off. They are attached to Currie Urethane Motor mounts on the frame side.

Attachments

#25 ·
I want a set of those engine mounts for my stroker. :smokin:
http://www.stinkyfab.com/jeep-motor-mounts.html :D

FYI, If you haven't built your engine yet, and you're going to be buying a stroker I'd recommend building one with the late model (00 and up) block regardless of what it's going in. They changed around the location of a lot of the extra threaded bosses on the block, and IMHO made it a lot stronger when used with this type of mount. The stock engine mounts still suck, but the new "extra" mounting locations are in much better locations for taking the lever action out of the mounts.

You sure?
What's your opinion on the best stocker to start with? There are a lot of opinions, and valid reasons for those opinions, but I think everyone on our team agrees on the LJ. And to be clear I'm not being a smartass at all, I think one of the most interesting things about this class is the choosing of a vehicle.

#31 ·
I agree with this, it won't be long before the stock/stock mod class is out of reach for the average joe. It is still going to fun to watch, but the little guy won't last long.

#32 ·
I kept hearing this about the stock class in CalRocs and W.E.ROCK back in the day...then, when you look at the history of winners, it was a leaf sprung CJ5 of Cody Waggoner and a leaf sprung CJ7 of Jeff Mello that DOMINATED for years...even now, rubberbelly and others demonstrate that it's a drivers' class.

#48 ·
I ordered a ton of materials yesterday, and already had some of it dropped off. There are a few things I'm gonna be starting with that wont be all that interesting to show off so it might seem like a lull in activity, but after thats done things should pick up in pace a lot!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.