Ultra 4 build for10g - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 162277
Ya thats the only way I can afford to wheel is by trading parts here and there. I hope your budget rig gives the comp a run for their money. 60 miles of desert to starts sucks....talk about shutting out the rock crawlers...anybody who has $$$$ can drive fast.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #52 (permalink)
Whatever VS sez

Member # 20631
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierogld View Post
Ya thats the only way I can afford to wheel is by trading parts here and there. I hope your budget rig gives the comp a run for their money. 60 miles of desert to starts sucks....talk about shutting out the rock crawlers...anybody who has $$$$ can drive fast.
First of all the KOH map has not been released so that 60 mile remark is just speculation.

Second, most of the topflight U4 racers ARE rockcrawlers.

Third, money does not buy you talent. You can hire someone with talent, but you can't buy it for yourself. Have you been in a fast U4 car? There's a lot going on, trust me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by '51plymouth View Post
Fuck you Other Websites, you just don't know. This place is awesome.
Roc Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #53 (permalink)
Slingshot...Engaged

Member # 150060
I just had a chance to flip through this, and I'm rooting for ya! I swear to god, I hope you win, and I'm one of your competitors with more than 10k in spares. Good luck, come find me on the lakebed if you need anything!

Eric

Banditoe Racing
Stay out of strange hot tubs
9toebandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #54 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 99633
Send a message via AIM to zukjunkie13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9toebandito View Post
I just had a chance to flip through this, and I'm rooting for ya! I swear to god, I hope you win, and I'm one of your competitors with more than 10k in spares. Good luck, come find me on the lakebed if you need anything!

Eric
Thanks!!!!

I wish i was racing Koh this year, but the cards just didnt play in my favor. Life got in the way, Medical bills and work slowed way down... i will be on the lake bed, but with out my new buggy tho probably saturday and stayin till the saturday/sunday after the race. Ill be sure to stop by and say hi!

#713 Unlimited Class Moon Buggy
2013 W.E.Rock National Champion
2013 W.E.Rock Western Unlimited Class Champion

R&B Co.
Falken Tire
Raceline RuffStuff Specialties Fabworx ARB
Tsuda Racing JM Rigging Dynomax Nitro Gear
zukjunkie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 162277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Doc View Post
First of all the KOH map has not been released so that 60 mile remark is just speculation.

Second, most of the topflight U4 racers ARE rockcrawlers.

Third, money does not buy you talent. You can hire someone with talent, but you can't buy it for yourself. Have you been in a fast U4 car? There's a lot going on, trust me.
First: I see, but one could argue how that kinda kicks the slower rock crawlers in the teeth...but I guess thats what makes an all around rig so important.

Second: I thought them more as hybrids.

Third A: Money can make up for huge lack of talent tho. But some have both and thats who to watch out for.

Third B: I would love to be in a u4car, much more a fast one. It'd be a big, ...er...MASSIVE dream come true. I CAN understand there is alot going on tho, but thats what planning and practice are good for IMHO. Ill be there someday, then maybe Ill know more of what Im talking about...just inserting my 2 cents.

back to the budget build...Good luck and way to go!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #56 (permalink)
New Beginnings

Member # 99513
I'm rooting for you on this. Finally someone stepping up to prove anything is possible when you are fully committed. Please show these naysayers what a true driver is capable of. Not just someone with bottomeless pockets.

Great fab work with limited tools. true dedication.

NEW BEGINNINGS:
/forum/general-4x4-discussion/971511-jealle-o-cigano.html
jpfrk2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #57 (permalink)

Member # 1234
Justin, Not hatin' and sorry for adding to the muck in the thread. If you can pull it off, more power to you. You are now obligated to track every cent spent on this thing and report back when it can pass tech at a race. Just in case you forgot
Old 01-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #58 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 99633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ranger View Post
Justin, Not hatin' and sorry for adding to the muck in the thread. If you can pull it off, more power to you. You are now obligated to track every cent spent on this thing and report back when it can pass tech at a race. Just in case you forgot
Ya i know, i have a file of reciepts and what not to keep track of everything!

R&B Co.
Falken Tire
Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #59 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 80862
Not really a budget build when people like RuffStuff are giving you axles. That front axle would cost a normal person $5k. Do you plan to run this at the 2013 KOH? You said you are going to tear it down and rebuild next winter.

Good luck on the build.
hurleygo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #60 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 99633
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleygo3 View Post
Not really a budget build when people like RuffStuff are giving you axles. That front axle would cost a normal person $5k. Do you plan to run this at the 2013 KOH? You said you are going to tear it down and rebuild next winter.

Good luck on the build.
First off RuffStuff didnt give me anything. I got a deal on it. If i got them for free id have them front and rear. I get a deal thru them, nothing is given for free.
Second off, i have a third memeber with a detroit that is a spare for my single seater, i just need to regear it.
For now i probably wont get the 50 degree steering shafts, just for price reasons. but i will be able to use them when i get more money saved up.

I plan to run this in the norcal rock race series and a few U4 events this year, i still am running Calrocs in my single seat buggy. if i dont get the other chassis i want to build started or finished, i will be racing this car in KOH 2013.

R&B Co.
Falken Tire

Last edited by zukjunkie13; 01-04-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #61 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 80862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ranger View Post
It's hard to just pass tech for $10k
hurleygo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 99633
well heres a perfect example of how too build a rig for 10gs.
just picked up a th400 with 1000miles on it with a round pattern np205 for 300bucks. Yes 300bucks. just a matter of twin sticking the np205. i have a th400 being built right now. but i can trade this tranny to my transmission guy for my built th400!

R&B Co.
Falken Tire

Last edited by zukjunkie13; 01-05-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #63 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 78079
More power to you Im in the same boat. Low funds with some time.
Valley Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 106546
Looks good Justin! See yea on the lake bed.

Austin
Slolyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 80873
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukjunkie13 View Post
well heres a perfect example of how too build a rig for 10gs.
just picked up a th400 with 1000miles on it with a round pattern np205 for 300bucks. Yes 300bucks. just a matter of twin sticking the np205. i have a th400 being built right now. but i can trade this tranny to my transmission guy for my built th400!
so you covered the core charge on the trans? most of us common folks would need another 1500+ to pay the balance
bushauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #66 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 99633
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushauler View Post
so you covered the core charge on the trans? most of us common folks would need another 1500+ to pay the balance
How so?? you can get all the parts for 600 bucks to rebuild a th400 with kevlar clutches??

Why do you seem to think im not a "Common folk" like everyone else on here?? Just cause i am building a buggy but being smart about where i put my money? Just because im 22 doesnt mean i blow my money. I know what to buy and what i can trade/barter on.

Im not having a company like hughes build the tranny. I have a local guy that owns a tranny shop that used to be a neighbor that ive helped work on his dirt modified circle track car before, so he cuts me a break on a tranny. Its one of those i help him and he helps me. TRADING WORK FOR PARTS. Pretty sure that puts me in the classification of "Common folk". Come on i traded a 4.7 geared Yota Tcase to get my Chassis.

You never have friends help you out?

There hasnt been any updates because i havent worked for the last 2.5 weeks. I work for a living like you "common folk", if i dont work, i dont get paid. If i dont work, i dont have Insurance (which i need for my Remicade Infusions). When life gets in the way of building a buggy. Im pretty damn sure that makes me a "common folk"

Anything else you want to nit pick???

R&B Co.
Falken Tire
Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 80873
Quote:
How so?? you can get all the parts for 600 bucks to rebuild a th400 with kevlar clutches??

Why do you seem to think im not a "Common folk" like everyone else on here?? Just cause i am building a buggy but being smart about where i put my money? Just because im 22 doesnt mean i blow my money. I know what to buy and what i can trade/barter on.

Im not having a company like hughes build the tranny. I have a local guy that owns a tranny shop that used to be a neighbor that ive helped work on his dirt modified circle track car before, so he cuts me a break on a tranny. Its one of those i help him and he helps me. TRADING WORK FOR PARTS. Pretty sure that puts me in the classification of "Common folk". Come on i traded a 4.7 geared Yota Tcase to get my Chassis.

You never have friends help you out?

There hasnt been any updates because i havent worked for the last 2.5 weeks. I work for a living like you "common folk", if i dont work, i dont get paid. If i dont work, i dont have Insurance (which i need for my Remicade Infusions). When life gets in the way of building a buggy. Im pretty damn sure that makes me a "common folk"

Anything else you want to nit pick???
im not nit picking you. trust me i trade and work more drug deals than a lot of people. im also building on a budget. if your trading work for labor/parts, my time is worth something. i dont call a trans that i traded 10 hours of work and 500 dollars for a 300 dollar trans. all i am saying is for a lot of people to go buy your trans and front axle would be 7k. i look forward to seeing your build in person at some races and hope you do well.
bushauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #68 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 36955
Quote:
First off RuffStuff didnt give me anything. I got a deal on it. If i got them for free id have them front and rear. I get a deal thru them, nothing is given for free.
Second off, i have a third memeber with a detroit that is a spare for my single seater, i just need to regear it.
For now i probably wont get the 50 degree steering shafts, just for price reasons. but i will be able to use them when i get more money saved up.

I plan to run this in the norcal rock race series and a few U4 events this year, i still am running Calrocs in my single seat buggy. if i dont get the other chassis i want to build started or finished, i will be racing this car in KOH 2013.
I think everyone is getting confused because the 10k in budget only really had to account for a few parts. You had plans to get lots of nice parts for next to nothing.

The title of your thread is just mislieading people some.
enigma2y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #69 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 99633
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma2y0u View Post
I think everyone is getting confused because the 10k in budget only really had to account for a few parts. You had plans to get lots of nice parts for next to nothing.

The title of your thread is just mislieading people some.
what nice parts did i get for next to nothin???
i paid full price for the spidertrax knuckles and got a deal on the housing. the rest of everything is trading and bartering. 10k is my budget for the buggy. if it takes a few k more than that. than i wont be done with it when i want too.
still even a 15k race car is doin good.

im not misleading anyone. i am tryin to build a ultra 4 car for 10gs.
Im not a Shannon, Jason, Tony, or a JT. I honestly dont get things sponsored for free. Only people who gave me a full sponsorship last year was Raceline Wheels.
Ive always had to pay for parts, even if its not full price, but is def not next to nothin. If a company has somethin i need and cant make, i always ask what kind of racer program do they have or somethin along that line. It doesnt hurt to ask, worst they will say is No.

R&B Co.
Falken Tire
Old 01-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 162277
Guys must be trying to figure how your building a car that has 10g worth of parts, when they dont realize what youre doing is trying for a car with 10g invested that is worth much more in cash value...right? Cause if you were to account for the horse trading and friend scratching friend's backs youd probably have alot more than 10g....hope you pull it off, and still have a few bucks for some beer.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #71 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 99633
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierogld View Post
Guys must be trying to figure how your building a car that has 10g worth of parts, when they dont realize what youre doing is trying for a car with 10g invested that is worth much more in cash value...right? Cause if you were to account for the horse trading and friend scratching friend's backs youd probably have alot more than 10g....hope you pull it off, and still have a few bucks for some beer.

^^^^^
This FTW

thanks for bein one of the few who understand!!!

R&B Co.
Falken Tire
Old 01-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #72 (permalink)
Trail Tampon

Member # 27333
keep it up bro

i like your style.

90YJ - stock-ish

1970 Commando under the knife
rajincajingt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
noob

Member # 66544
Trying to do the same Justin.

For anyone who hasn't met and spent time talking to Justin you don't have a clue how down to earth and average Joe he is. Knowing Justin he is spending every free moment working labor for parts or collecting aluminum cans to fund the project. People say it can't be done but he did the same to build his unlimited car and he turned out to be pretty competetive in that. Get it done Justin!

Team Rock Limo
F-Toy #F002
Yukon gear/Randy's Ring & Pinion, Trail Gear, BFGoodrich Tires, RuffStuff, 12 Volt Guy
noahfecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #74 (permalink)
BRB

Member # 976
Quote:

im not misleading anyone. i am tryin to build a ultra 4 car for 10gs.
Im not a Shannon, Jason, Tony, or a JT.
Tony Floyd?? is he racing this year? dudes a legend
Old 01-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #75 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 99633
Tony from genright. im not even goin to take a chance at spelling his last name.

R&B Co.
Falken Tire