ONE DAY jeep build - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #76 (permalink)
Owner TWF

Member # 89489
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
" I have no clue what is with the leftover from the 80's neon painted shit.

:
Easy, killer. That is our powder coat per his request on the wheels. It's antifreeze green.

I like the truck. Just like anything, everyone would have done their own taste/twist on it. There are a few things I'm not sure I understand. I'm not asking jabbing only trying to find out what the reason was. Why is the frame the red primer look? Why are the rear flares not painted the same as the rest of the truck? Why is the bed of the truck red and outside aged looking? Why the green pinion guard?

I like it. The idea. I like the old looking jeep truck. To go with the old look I might have gone with a CJ grille or maybe an even older model just to give it that old time look. All in all I think it is cool, it reminds me of the way my wife tells me I dress

TWF Double Beadlock Wheels, TWF Transfer cases!!, Cheap 37" Tires, PitBull Tire dealer, RaceLine Wheel dealer, Rock rings, Wheel centers, Custom Splice winch rope, PVC inserts, O rings, Hummer wheels, NIB Rubber Runflats, Rockwell Axles, Marsh Racing dealer, 37" Guard Dogs, Cheap LED Light bars, Loud Horns
406 YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #77 (permalink)
Karnage

Member # 55444
Quote:
Originally Posted by 406 YJ View Post
it reminds me of the way my wife tells me I dress

Halfway?

I think thats my issue, its like you said with the primered frame, and back of cab. Its almost like they half finished it. IMO it would look much better if the "theme" was carried out all the way.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #78 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick

Member # 13344
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCzuk View Post
Maybe he should of sprayed down some gloss paint, added some cheesy skulls all over it and parked it at the mall. Would that make you happy!

Only if he did it in a dirt driveway, by himself, using his OBA for doing the painting and paid less than $100 including the spray guns.

You cant ban knowledge, learn to make your own guns right Here.
New York, Colorado, Maryland, Conneticut….is your state next? Yes it is. Write, Vote and Fight.
usmcdoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #79 (permalink)
White Trash Fab

Member # 100827
Send a message via AIM to smewhtguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidr View Post
Trucks did a better job
Thats what I thought when I seen it, I like the green on the beadlocks.

The "Trifecta"
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1027210
DirtyGirl build
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...irty-girl.html
smewhtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 109226
I dig it. Its different, mixes wheelin with oldschool rodding... not something you see everyday. I dont know what the budget was on it but it may have been wiser to avoid a 12K paint job and save the cash for good parts.

Nice work Ian

As far as Xtreme4x4 goes, the show has come a long way and IMO is pretty successful. Im not into every one of the builds but somebody out there is. The show definitely keeps an interest and introduces the sport to people wich is the best ally in keeping land open and advancing the sport.

Ian seems like a regular guy too (never met him) i could see him welding a broke jeep on a muddy trail for someone or hangin out BS'in around a campfire whereas the TRUCKS! guys seem like the type to step out of their bus, smile shake a few hands, take some pics and right back on the bus like a typical TV personality.

Keep up the good work Ian!
justin'sbig7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #81 (permalink)
Owner TWF

Member # 89489
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin'sbig7 View Post
As far as Xtreme4x4 goes, the show has come a long way and IMO is pretty successful. Im not into every one of the builds but somebody out there is. The show definitely keeps an interest and introduces the sport to people wich is the best ally in keeping land open and advancing the sport.

Ian seems like a regular guy too (never met him) i could see him welding a broke jeep on a muddy trail for someone or hangin out BS'in around a campfire whereas the TRUCKS! guys seem like the type to step out of their bus, smile shake a few hands, take some pics and right back on the bus like a typical TV personality.

I agree and I've said it in many posts. Our sport needs him and more guys like him. I have never been around a better group of people, than wheelers. I've never seen so many men help other men when someone needs a hand. I've never been around anything where people you don't even know will show up to help you finish a project in your garage. Sure.... there are a few jackasses in ever group. We all know who they are. Ian isn't one of them. I'm proud to say he is on our team (supporting wheeling and teaching people how to build things). I think a lot of people forget. They forget where they started. I don't care how far you have to go back, there was a point in time where we all didn't know one single thing about wheeling, welding, building, parts, what was a good idea and what wasn't. For the guys starting out Ian does a great job showing them things as simple as how to set up gears and how to set up 4 links, the list goes on. We need more people like this. For our sport to grow, we need more people that didn't start out knowing it all.

TWF Double Beadlock Wheels, TWF Transfer cases!!, Cheap 37" Tires, PitBull Tire dealer, RaceLine Wheel dealer, Rock rings, Wheel centers, Custom Splice winch rope, PVC inserts, O rings, Hummer wheels, NIB Rubber Runflats, Rockwell Axles, Marsh Racing dealer, 37" Guard Dogs, Cheap LED Light bars, Loud Horns
406 YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 73883
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin'sbig7 View Post

Ian's good people and does a lot for the sport, but since you took a shot at Trucks, Kevin Tetz is probably the most down the earth TV personality I've met.

This build while not my first choice for a theme is still pretty cool. Great job Ian and EOR!
CJNTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #83 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 42255
Quote:
Trucks did a better job
Give you one guess who painted this one....
Ian from Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #84 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 42255
OK, to answer a few questions for you guys....

1) Why primer on the frame...I originally was going to leave it raw, but after a few days outside the shop it was looking pretty rough. I get to see alot of "hot rods" roll through the other shops and most alot of them use a primer frame rail so I shot a corner of it to see what it looked like and loved it.

2) Green.....if you look at alot of the old school shop trucks out there they still run new wheels. The theme seems to be a truck that was draged out of the dirt and made driveable. A new set of shoes tossed onto it and it hits teh road....I love the TWF re-centered H1's it really suits this truck as a set of "recycled" wheels on an old truck.

3) other green....I mean come on..you don't like Crane High Clearance green...I personally love it...it gives a good mixture highlighting the "new" parts that were tossed at the truck.

4) The flares....I really am not sold on this yet. I painted them using the same process just skipped the aqua final coat. The Metal Cloak flares are removable so I guess right now my theory is that they were removed from the truck as it sat and aged....if it starts to annoy me it will take less than 20 minutes to spray and sand them to match the truck.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #85 (permalink)
Karnage

Member # 55444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian from Xtreme View Post
Give you one guess who painted this one....
As soon as I posted that, I kind of figured, and maybe its just the lighting, or the picture, or something, but the truck they did looked good. This one doesnt(most polite way I could put my opinion)

Take some better pics for us. I definetely like it in general, maybe the paint looks phenomanal, but it doesnt show,.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #86 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 42255
Quote:
As soon as I posted that, I kind of figured, and maybe its just the lighting, or the picture, or something, but the truck they did looked good. This one doesnt(most polite way I could put my opinion)

Take some better pics for us. I definetely like it in general, maybe the paint looks phenomanal, but it doesnt show,.
I think that might be the "issue" everyone who sees it in person thinks it is bad ass.....there will be alot of killer pics when it has it's cover shoot in the next couple weeks.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #87 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
I bet it also has to do with the quality of pictures, ie lighting, too....
www.DiffsOnly.com
www.Jeeperman.com
10% PIRATE COUPON CODE (not valid for harnesses and PCM tuning): pirate4x4

2013 - Trail Gear Western Series Regional Champion
2013 - Smittybilt EMC Series National Champion

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, AllTech Motorsports, A1 Performance Transmissions and Converters, Randy's Racing Transmissions, PRP Seats, Reid Racing, Radflo, CBR Performance, Trail Gear, RuffStuff Specialties, LifeTime LED Lights, Rugged Race Radios, DynoMAX, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
waynehartwig is offline   Reply With Quote