Pirate 4x4 banner

75Fab JV Asssassin IFS Chassis

121K views 321 replies 100 participants last post by  ISDTBower 
#1 ·
Well My current car is approaching 4 years old and It is time to step up to more modern safety standards.

This is going to be a slower build as i have no sponsors and all work is being done by myself with a full time job.

Goals and projections.

New chassis is 1.75" Cromoly .120 wall.
Everything Cromoly. Including Tabs.

Front engine

120" WB is the goal

Rear steer portals 25" travel
Spidertrax pro cromoly housing. 9" third. My 300m Kingpins. Aluminum Portal boxes. Spool

Front IFS portals 20" travel. Aluminum box/404 gears. 930 cv's
Ford 8.8 HP 3.55 gears Aluminum third with ARB.

Motor will be 418 Ls3 ported and polished
4l80e
np205

Seats Bears SXT-3 for saftey.

Steering is still up in the air debating full hydro or Rack and pinion.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Holy hell yes. This build looks to be freakin awesome man, I can't wait to see how it all comes out!

Random question, how well does your current rear steer fare at speed? Does it give you any sort of wander or floating feeling, or do you have some sort of lockout? I've never built or driven a rear steer rig so I'm just curious and lookin for experience.

#3 ·
In on this one, can't wait to see the front portal set up completed..

Are you planning on having the portals incorporated into the outer upright and have it as basically a tall spindle upright? Or are you going to have the portal bolt on to the spindle upright as basically an extension the the spindle upright making the lower arms actually higher than the wheel mounting surface ?

I would imagine you would be able to get almost double the a-arm width if you were to have the portal incorporated with the upright as one. Having the lower arm level with wms.

#4 ·
Those portals are wicked. With 120" wheelbase you have room to snake the dshafts around stuff. You could do front and rear indapendent suspension...

#11 ·
rear steer has not been a problem so far over the last 4 years.

I will use a Steel cover for the third to keep it more ridged.

They are welded. I am sending it off to have it made. one piece.

#12 ·
Rear steer will enable me to use more travel up front and still fly in the trails.

#13 · (Edited)
Front IFS portals 20" travel. Aluminum box/404 gears. 930 cv's
Are your portals a 1-1 ratio?

I considered investigating portals, but wanted to explore as many stock parts as possible.

Looking forward to seeing the fruit of your labour. :)

#23 ·
Fully tiged. They will not be as pretty as the masters on this board but it will be done correctly.

Current car is 117" or so.
For racing i might even go 125"

#25 ·
Have family in from Africa and been slow..

I started the plate knuckles but all hand cut takes a little time

I will heat treat them to help in strength.

4130 Rod.

Attachments

#27 ·
He lives 1.5 hrs away..

3 hrs in driving just to make test peices..

Easier to just take my time..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.