Pirate 4x4 banner

Help me with my Tera 60R Carrier??

647 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  rocket 
#1 ·
Guys

I have been working for months on making a Tera 60R from scratch. I have finally gotten to the stage of assembling all the bits and pieces and something is terribly wrong.

I have a 4.56 R&P supplied by Tera, and an ARB RD35 4.56 and up locker.

There is no way that this combination is going to fit inside the Tera unless something is wrong. The crown wheel sits miles too close to the pinion and binds terribly. You cannot even get the hemisphere and crown wheel into the diff. I am not sure what is wrong but look at the following photo.
(sorry for the size)

PICTURE EDITED BY CAMO. please do not post links with pics larger than 640 by 480

The one on the left is an old D60 hemi. The one on the right is my gear. Notice how mine is a whole lot higher at the crown-wheel teeth and also where the crown-wheel mounts (this will put the crown-wheel closer to the pinion). The one on the left. Looks like it might clear, but the ARB combo will not.

Has anyone got any experience in setting up a Tera 60R centre? Do you use a 4.11 carrier in Tera60R for 4.56 gears, cause that is what it looks like.

The other option that I will need to check tonight is that maybe I got sold 4.11 pinion which I think is bigger in diameter right - than a 4.56 pinion. Any help much appreciated. Could it be a D70 locker by mistake??

Regards

Rod

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.