Pirate 4x4 banner

Superior Axle dead / out of business?

42K views 80 replies 43 participants last post by  geiman 
#1 ·
I returned an axle for warranty work, and they said it'd be back in a week or so.. its been almost 2 months, and nothing from the company -- the phone just keeps playing the same songs on hold.

Anyone know whats up with them? I saw a rumor that Mac is now working at G2...

#4 ·
We use product from their supplier Foote Axle for our Domestic shafts. I have never loved Superior customer service. Talked to them a few times as a off the street customer and basically was told to piss off.

I had some testing done on their D60 stub shafts and called them to offer up the info. They didnt give 2 shakes about it.

#5 ·
I am pretty sure Quadratec is pulling Superior product from their site as well due to no availability. It is sad when a strong company name goes to crap.

#8 ·
You have not heard back from them for 2 months?

If it is anything like when I delt with them 2 months would have been a godsend.

Worst customer service I have ever had. EVER!

I got my house robbed & vandilized and felt better about the deal, then when I delt with Supirior Axel. :mad3:

#17 ·
Well I had horrible luck with there ring and pinions, then the customer service on top of that.

I bought a D70 R+P for my Jana76 from them, it broke first time out at the Hammers, when I used my turning brakes (next to my trailer) on the lakebed. To test the brakes before we hit the trail. They said it was bad and they would refund my money, it only took them 3 months to send me a check. :shaking: And they told me that all of there R+P are made over seas.

#18 ·
We have a full supply of American Chevy stubs both Dana 44 and Dana 60 Ready to ship.

Dana 60 Dana 60 GM 35 spline- Chromoly Outer Stub Shaft

We have made a commitment to keep these in stock we have 150 of each available. with more in route.

Attachments

#21 ·
i had the same thing happen when i called them on a noisey gear set. talked to someone on the 18th of march. tried again the next week and put on infinite hold. left messages after hours and sent emails, nothing. talked to someone at summit and they had the same deal trying to check on a speacial order part, never talked to anyone there. tried them again a week later and nothing. i called summit again (where i got the gears) and asked about them. summit ended up warrentying them for me. sent me a new set of richmonds which are now motives and even refunded me the difference.

#23 ·
So I am a little late to the party on this one....a buddy was going to sell my some Evolution front D44 shafts. But Superior is no more?!? So much for that lifetime warranty. On another note, who do you recommend for a big spline Super 44 kit with ARB now that Superior is not an option??

#24 ·
I just picked up some chromo 44s from Yukon. While I live in the Seattle area, it took only one day to receive them from JeeperMan.com / Diffsonly.com

They have a good warranty (10 years?) and the guys at Yukon are pretty cool as well. So far no problems with my CTMs in there!

#31 ·
I saw them at TDS about 2.5yrs ago. They had just moved shop to Vegas from SoCal due to "lower overhead". The owner was a guy with him and his dad running the booth but they seemed like decent guys. I was in the booth next to them and BS'd with them when it wasn't busy. They bailed a few guys out with the parts they had.

#32 ·
I don't want to beat a dead horse but this whole scenario is pretty fn interesting and quite shocking. Soooo...wtf happened? And are we all as good of judge of characters as we like to think? I mean if this can happen to Superior, in my mind, it can happen to just about anyone we "trust" as a "name brand".

#33 ·
This one was nothing more than a simple loss of focus. They should have never let the import wannabes get under their skin and then tried to compete and dilute the brand at the same time. What they should have done was kept at reinforcing the fact that they were the Superior choice, expanded the built-to-order domestic high quality axles, and slapped the dogshit out of Foote for selling their product under the Foote name. There is little worse than trying to compete with your supplier for the same piece of the pie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.