Pirate 4x4 banner

White Trash Racing bouncer build "Dirty Girl"

241K views 1K replies 160 participants last post by  RSWORDS 
#1 · (Edited)
About 2 month's ago a good friend and member of crew decided it was time to step up and go buggy and asked for my help to build something dirty. So after a lot of sit down time and planning parts and discussing chassis ideas, I spent a ton of time and designed a bouncer/trail buggy. Idea's were taken from looking at 100's of pics I have collected of different chassis and were all twisted in to one, then Hadley offered input and changes were made to be sure he was going to be able to end with a buggy he would be happy with.
I am sure there will be changes made along the way as this evolves.

We then sat down and laid out a parts list and starting Pming our great vendors here on Pirate, there are no sponsers on this rig but we will be thanking the great people that helped out with discounts to make this all happen. So far the list includes in no order:
PacFab
RuffStuff
Foa
High angle driveline
Artec
RougeFab
Monstertrans
Wideopen Designs
Swag Offroad
East Coast Gear Supply
TMR
Chassis Unlimited
Trail Worthy Fab
Sunfire offroad
The parts list in smple form will be.
Lq9-th400-atlas II
14 bolts front/rear
Homebuilt chassis
There will be details on all parts used as we go, and this build will run in real time at a quick pace as we are hoping to have it finished for test and tunning by mid Feb and its first run will be Ice breakers end of April.

See less See more
#2 ·
We are starting with complete axle builds that kicked off this weekend. Both axles got tore down to nothing and we started with the rear first. The rear axle is a single wheel newer 14.
Tmr 15 bolt shave kit
Artec truss, pinion guard and custom backbone
H.A.D. 1410 flange
Shaved nitro 5.38 gear
ECGS Spool, disk break kit
RuffStuff diff cover
Stock shafts for now.
Some of our crew going threw the axle parts inventory.

Axles completely stripped down and being cleaned, Thanks to Vonwilson for the help.

Since the fab on the rear would go faster we started on it with a pile of parts.

Making cuts for the shave.

Got to clear this happy junk.

Shave mocked up.

The Artec truss all mocked up.

Mocked up the backbone today, just need to build flanges for the removable center section.

#3 · (Edited)
The front axle mirrors the rear parts list but will have 300m rcv axles and a full Psc steering system with Artec's double shear kit and Full Reid knuckles.

After mocking up the Ried knuckles and dana 60 parts to be sure of the wheel mount surface measurements and the popping it all back apart.

Housing cuts were laid out on the dually 14, Hadley making the cut.

All chopped and should end with a 65" wms/wms to match the rear.

Bring the hate.

#5 ·
First off I just want to give big props to smewhtguy for helping me as much as he has in the past and will in the future, without his push and fabrication skills I wouldn't be taking this on at such a ragged pace. After running with his crew and stinkbomb my old rig was definitely not holding up to my driving style. I wanted to step up... So with his help and tons of research I think we've come up with a plan thats everybit his as is it mine.

Definitely want to give a big thanks to Kevin at pacific fab, awesome guy that helped me out and was good on giving call backs and updates on the engine.
Thanks to Jess at high angle driveline for the atlas and flanges.
Big thanks to Koup and Stephen at east coast gear supply, awesome to work with, good parts,good prices and fast shipping.
Troy at swag off road.
Dan at ruffstuff.
Motochris at f-o-a on the shocks and bumps.
The white trash crew for all the help and inspiration.
-if I forgot anyone it's not intentionally-

Hopefully this thing will turnout as badass as we hope, theyll be tons of updates and pics all the way threw to trail rides and hammertime... If anyone's been around me I'm not exactly easy on stuff so let's hope it holds up!

#8 · (Edited)
Its an off the shelf Artec for a 9" that I cut and modified into a 3 piece. In the 2 slots you can see there will be flanges with 5-6 bolts, the diff cover will be a pain in the ass to remove/install but should add a ton of strength to housing.

#15 ·
Any time Vince, and the whole crew is looking forward to wheeling fall crawl with you guys.

Almost forgot, after a lot of concideration it will be named "nightmare" let it rolllll...
A bouncer named Nightmare? Sweeeeet.

Crawl.Mag- Nightmare Buggy
Shitty, looks like we may have to go with the backup name "Dirty Girl". It fits as I can see this getting pulled out every couple weeks, treated like a whore and then put up wet.:flipoff2:

#28 ·
Mocked up the backbone today, just need to build flanges for the removable center section.
[/QUOTE]
I would weld in a large oil fill plug on the cover, like from Spidertrax or ruff stuff for inspection of the gear set in between roosting sessions. would help to avoid removing the cover every so often... Just a thought. love the progress.

keep it up

Mike

#36 ·
I would weld in a large oil fill plug on the cover, like from Spidertrax or ruff stuff for inspection of the gear set in between roosting sessions. would help to avoid removing the cover every so often... Just a thought. love the progress.

keep it up

Mike[/QUOTE]

X2....best thing i did for my diff cover...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.