Pirate 4x4 banner

Flaring metal fuel lines....for rubber hose

62K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  KWTMECH 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm fully aware of a flaring tool that flares metal lines to accept compression fittings.
(similar to this)
http://www.stu-offroad.com/misc/images/ft-0.jpg
I'm not looking for information about these.

But is there a flaring tool that will put *barb* like flares on metal tubing to accept rubber hose?

Reason I'm asking - On a my Jeep, the fuel filter has a plastic casing with a plastic barbed end that mates up to rubber fuel line (a hose clamp holds the rubber line). This rubber fuel line also mates up to the hard line on the frame rail. I haven't had this apart - but I can only assume there is some type of barb at the end of the hard line which prevents the hose from sliding off after adding a hose clamp.

Wondering if I can cut off a few inches of hard line (easily) for more clearance piece of mind (relocating the fuel filter).

#4 ·
Oxjockey said:
I don't know why you'd bother. I have a high pressure EFI line clamped onto a 'flat' hardline and it works fine. I double clamped it with 180 degree offset EFI clamps, just in case.

Bryan
I have seen these fail all to often. At least flare the end of it so it doesnt come shooting off at the worst possible time. When it comes to gas i dont mess around. I value my life and my rigs way to much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.