Pirate 4x4 banner

DOM tubing price increase

13K views 69 replies 45 participants last post by  dustin_the_wind 
#1 ·
Just went to order 6 x 20' sticks of 1.75 .120 wall DOM last year I paid 5.75 per foot they just quoted me 11.80 per foot! Holly Smokes :eek:

#7 ·
Steel prices in general, in my experience, are more about the account you're buying on than anything else.

The place I get mine from wanted about $11/ft when I called in as an every day Joe off the street. That price went down to $4/ft when I called back an hour later and gave them my buddy's account name.

#27 ·
just had some quoted last week.

$5 a foot for 1.75 x .120 from the usual supplier here. Using my employers account had no effect at all on the price.

tried another source,

$9 a foot for the same.

stainless is ridiculous. I need some 10" tube, every source i can find locally is ~ $200 a foot.

#29 ·
My local supplier's pricing has gone up 25% across the board. Their prices have been flat for the last 3 years.

I quoted around and found a place about 30 miles away that still had decent prices. I'll stick with them until something changes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.