Strongest 8 lug wheel spacers? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2005, 03:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 26077
Send a message via AIM to another Lance
Strongest 8 lug wheel spacers?

I searched, Who has the strongest 8 on 6.5 spacers? Im puttin a ford D60 in my dodge and its not as wide, has anyone ever seen or heard of them breaking or coming loose all the time? I have a heavy ass diesel.
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
another Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 21180
Is the idea to be as wide, if not wider than the rear? Or is it just to measure up to the former axle?

I say save the money on said spacers, and just get some different offset wheels. That would be cheaper and safer.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2005, 04:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 26077
It needs to be as wide as the rear. I was thinking about different offset wheels, but when I wanted to rotate them, I would have to pull the tires off the rims and switch them, I will do that if I have to, but it sounds like a pita to me
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 21180
What is the difference in width? It cant be more than maybe an inch per side.

I say just fawkin run it....at that width, no one will even be able to tell but you.

Think about it....it will be like a lifted porsche 911.

Last edited by KC_JoNeS; 02-16-2005 at 04:21 PM.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 26077
well the way it is now my tires rub on the control arms at full turn, and I can't imagine how much more they will rub if they are an inch farther in.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 37006
I've got 1.5" aluminum spacers from performancewheel.com. I have them on my 9,176 lb. Crewcab diesel and 49" Iroks. I have put just over 1,000 miles on them and recently rotated tires...checked the torque again, and all's well. They told me it couldn't (shouldn't) be done, but I have yet to have any problems with them.

Cody
cleatus12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 26077
wow, thats reassuring. do you go offroading alot or tow anything? Mine would only need 1 inch spacers I think
Old 02-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 16419
Send a message via ICQ to willyswanter
I run 1.25" spacers on my 14 bolt so it's the same width as my front 60. No problems so far after 1.5 years almost.

R.I.P. DOZER
We'll miss you Noel

Added by PBB: RIP Jason, we already miss you.
www.jasonpaynememorial.com
willyswanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 1700
i run 1.25" spacers from performance wheel on my narroed front 60 and i have had no issues. do like the directions say and install them, drive it, then retorque them. mine were a tad loose when i checked them after that initial drive and i retorqued them as recomended. i have never had them loosen up again and i have been very pleased with them.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 19323
I have been running the 2" spacers on mine that M.O.R.E gets and have not had them come loose in 3 years but I use mine offroad only
RCrocs Class 3 Team #304
Fullsizexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Top Shelf

Member # 41032
Spacers scare the s#!t out of me. Ever seen your rear tire pass you on the freeway at 70. I have and the tire can be hard to find. How about dully front hubs. I have a set if you want to trade.
Tfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 1499
I have 2 inch spacers on my trailer queen with stock back spaced hummer wheels. 42 inch tires on full width d70's. My rig weighs about 4000 pounds and is only used for rock crawling. I went to pull my wheels off and just about every one of my lugs were bent. I checked the torque on the spacer nuts and they were fine, none of the wheel lugs were loose. Now I'm going to get my rims re-centered and I'm throwing the spacers away. I'd say to forget the spacers if you can.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpineTx
I have 2 inch spacers on my trailer queen with stock back spaced hummer wheels. 42 inch tires on full width d70's. My rig weighs about 4000 pounds and is only used for rock crawling. I went to pull my wheels off and just about every one of my lugs were bent. I checked the torque on the spacer nuts and they were fine, none of the wheel lugs were loose. Now I'm going to get my rims re-centered and I'm throwing the spacers away. I'd say to forget the spacers if you can.
which lugs? the ones on your spacers or the ones on your hubs?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 4213
http://www.truckn-store.com/product_list.asp?id=1346
AIM Idustries .. they have all kind of wheel spaceers dont know if they have what you need but you can take a look

Last edited by cj79; 02-18-2005 at 04:57 PM.
cj79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 3916
I run performance wheel spacers (1.5" 9/16 lugs) as well on 42's. I pulled them once to check the lug tightness and everything was all good. A quality product IMO.

[URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274444"]The Build[/URL]
P&T Jeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 23607
any broken spacers yet from performance wheel or aim?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 44108
i run wheeladapter.com hell make them however you want them, i run hubcentric with the new (03+) fine thread factory ford studs

love em
[SIZE="4"]

[COLOR="Silver"]One Up Offroad[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Rize Industries [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Icon Vehicle Dynamics [/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]RCD[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Full-Traction[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkred"]Rubicon Express [/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]KING[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkRed"] Sway-a-Way[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"] FOX[/COLOR] [COLOR="Silver"]Dynatrac[/COLOR] [COLOR="Indigo"]Yukon Gear[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]ARB [/COLOR][COLOR="Silver"]Detroit[/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Including the largest selection of tires and wheels that you will find. Don't see what you are looking for? Give us a call.[/center]
bigreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 43875
wheeladapter.com makes some good shit I've been in his shop in canoga park. Let me tell you WOW. He's got so many types of adapter it's not even funny. I watched him cat a piece of like 10" barstock then machine it all in to an adapter it was pretty cool. I am actually ordering a set of adapters to run my hummer wheels on SRW axle

"Even Idiots have followers"
rockbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:30 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 10807
WOW!

I have to bring this back from the past. I've been looking at wheel spacers in the past two days, wondering what are my options and whats the best solution.

I just sent a request for a quote to Fred Goeske at wheeladapter.com, about 30 minutes ago.

I just got a phone call from him! ON A SUNDAY. He's an old man, 72 and has been racing all his life. We chatted a bit, then he got to my request. His adapters are all billet steel, makes them from 1.5"-2" and they come with all the hardware. I need an 8 lug pair for my 60. I quote him "This isn't chinese crap, nor is it ebay crap" "I" make these in house, im old and I have to have something to do and if I'm going to do something, I will make it the best product.

from his customer service, to hearing him explain what he does to these adapters...and the fact that he said these pieces can be built today and can be shipped out tomorrow, I was amazed.

just wanted to share, and if you're stuck to having to get a wheel spacer/adapter...call him/email him and get a quote.
snoop dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 29341
I run 1.5 inch spacers up front and beat the ever living hell out of my truck including frequent flier miles,

Ive checked them and checked them and never a problem, truck is a 07 2500hd on 41's

Last edited by supersize75k5; 12-07-2008 at 11:30 AM.
supersize75k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
CrawlTunes

Member # 72810
I've heard bad stuff about AIM Industries.
TAWL_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 63840
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAWL_BOY View Post
I've heard bad stuff about AIM Industries.
yep, they are like usa6x6 but still in business
supervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Bub

Member # 79849
3rd i have never herd any thing good about AIM, even the lowered guys dont like the stuff.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 18196
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoop dogg View Post
WOW!

I have to bring this back from the past. I've been looking at wheel spacers in the past two days, wondering what are my options and whats the best solution.

I just sent a request for a quote to Fred Goeske at wheeladapter.com, about 30 minutes ago.

I just got a phone call from him! ON A SUNDAY. He's an old man, 72 and has been racing all his life. We chatted a bit, then he got to my request. His adapters are all billet steel, makes them from 1.5"-2" and they come with all the hardware. I need an 8 lug pair for my 60. I quote him "This isn't chinese crap, nor is it ebay crap" "I" make these in house, im old and I have to have something to do and if I'm going to do something, I will make it the best product.

from his customer service, to hearing him explain what he does to these adapters...and the fact that he said these pieces can be built today and can be shipped out tomorrow, I was amazed.

just wanted to share, and if you're stuck to having to get a wheel spacer/adapter...call him/email him and get a quote.
Did he give you a price? DO you have the link or phone number? Im looking for some to make my 14blt the same width as my front 60
chadburgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 29341
Quote:
Originally Posted by supervert View Post
yep, they are like usa6x6 but still in business
what do you want to know about aim, my friend is the head fabricator, and over the last two years ive got a pretty good feel for the place and how it works,

easy rundown on it,

owner joe has a neat business and can undercut the otherguys, he waste alot of money, ties up alot of peoples hands behind their backs and makes unrealistic promises all while defending the hell out of his bad choices.

He by himself, is the problem with that business, period. I went to sema this year and was around to help with the two projects that went. It was simply day to day drama from him and his mind changes. As for his workers, the ones i know are amazing people, friends and fabricators. the rest are underpayed, threatened to be fired non stop and I imagine their work or service over time reflect that.

They do bring some different, innovative and affordable products out however.

for the record.. my wheel spacers are from AIM, and have been well tested

Last edited by supersize75k5; 12-07-2008 at 06:33 PM.
supersize75k5 is offline   Reply With Quote