Pirate 4x4 banner

Carwash Crazy Deadline Build - EJS or Bust - March 4th Goal

132K views 780 replies 169 participants last post by  rajincajingt 
#1 · (Edited)
kay all you mofos... the goal is to take this new rig to Easter Jeep Safari 2007. That may sound a ways off, but it isn't. I plan to leave for Utah on March 28th, chill in Denver for a day or two, and check into my hotel in Moab on Saturday March 31st. My goal to finish this rig is March 4th. That gives me a couple weekends to test it out before throwing it on a trailer for the long haul.

I have started this new thread and have forgotten the old one, as i need a clean slate to start with.

So, some details...

Chassis - 3 seat tube chassis, mix of .109, .120 and .134 wall 1.75 OD DOM. Front clip from a YJ (thanks Kargomaster). Other than that, no Jeep parts, sorry. Side panels from .125 aluminum or thicker lexan or hdpe (undecided still).

Axles - 2.5 ton Rockwell toploaders. Stock shafts for now, 2" shafts soon from OEM. Detroit lockers in both. Pinion brakes. Full hydraulic steering.

Wheel / Tires - Custom double beadlocks. 44 x 19.5 x 16.5 Boggers. Big meats.

Suspension - 18" Travel 2.5 Fox Air Shocks. Triangulated 4 link front and rear. Upper arms 1.75x.375 wall DOM. Lower arms 2.0x.500 wall DOM. Johnny joints at all ends, no threaded shank, no adjustment, no weak links.

Driveline - SBC 350, .030 over, 4 bolt mains, Corvette Speed Density TPI. TH400 built to the max by John Carr. STAK 3 speed t-case.

That about covers it for now i guess. On to the pics. You have already seen a lot of these, so just shut up. I will do my best to update this with every bit of progress i make. Be sure to offer any feedback or input you may have.

The base chassis build:

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
My current comp rig was built in a "leisurely" four-ish months; started in October, shakedown run was in February... felt draggy-slow particularly since the previous buggy was built in 18 days. That was way too fast; it sucked. :eek: :p

So far so good, though.

Why do I see two STaK's in the pics? Did I get dropped harder on my head than I thought? :confused:

Ooh, hey, I can even beat the triangulation goons! :rasta:

#14 ·
Scott@Rockstomper said:
My current comp rig was built in a "leisurely" four-ish months; started in October, shakedown run was in February... felt draggy-slow particularly since the previous buggy was built in 18 days. That was way too fast; it sucked. :eek: :p

So far so good, though.

Why do I see two STaK's in the pics? Did I get dropped harder on my head than I thought? :confused:

Ooh, hey, I can even beat the triangulation goons! :rasta:
The other case is an empty blem case, used for mockup. The stak guys sent it to me for some crossmember fab stuff since my case was gonna be a bit longer than i thought.

Those guys rule, seriously.

Your 4 month build gives me some inspiration... i don't think i will have any issues at all. I have way too much shit to buy still, ugh.

#17 ·
What shaft is twisted?? I have a spare shaft w/ujoint you can use til you get your oem stuff!! I dont remember if its long or short, but let me know what you need. I will be at ejs next year too so I can get it back from you then.

Dane

#23 ·
Screw all these guys.. I been halfhazardly working on my junk for 2 years now and its still not even close. its closer, every night, but...

good luck.. its a lofty goal and it looks like you gotta good head start. whos doing your wheels?? what are you gonna do?? h1's?

#25 ·
carwash said:
Jesus, that's quick. I thought my timeline was short...
We started our comp bbuggy build 7.5 weeks ago, and finished 2 weeks ago. :flipoff2:

#26 ·
Munchies@Crossed Up said:
We started our comp bbuggy build 7.5 weeks ago, and finished 2 weeks ago. :flipoff2:
Yes, well i only get to work on it at night, and it's just me as well, not a shop full of people. Would love to finish it in 8 weeks, but that is an impossibility in my situation. I will be amazed if it happens in 20.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.