Pirate 4x4 banner

Auto adapter brekage

524 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Grendel 
#1 ·
So i'm swapping ina tf727 d300 combo to replace my t18/d20 combo. I never broke the t18 or d20 but wanted an automatic. I've seen in person and on here people who break the adapters on their auto's to their transfer cases . This concerns me and makes me wonder what can I do to prevent this.
Thanks,
Bobby

#3 ·
while that makes me feel better. this not only concerns d300's and tf 727s but all auto's. From talking to patooyee the biggest thing is running motor mounts that don't match your tranny mounts. I.e. rubber motor mount and a poly tranny mount. when they should both be the same. Thanks JJ for the info

#6 ·
Run your skid plates.. more T-cases and adapters are broken due to rocks/logs/stumps/or other objects than due to mounts..I have seen several adapters broke due to hitting trail obstacles but have never seen one broke due to different types of mounts..

#7 ·
I tend to think it's the lack of a back mount on a butt fawking heavy t-case combined with the motor being able to out-torque the transmission adapter.

Most people say make all your mounts out of the same material and have the transmission be able to out move your motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.