15" 8 lug'ers anyone keep them in stock?!?! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2002, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2274
Send a message via AIM to Dust Puppy
15" 8 lug'ers anyone keep them in stock?!?!

ok here is my dilema, it looks i might have to push up my axle swap which puts beadlocks outa the pic for a few months when the $$ is there, and i can wait for the 2 month lead time most are waiting. so i figure ok get some cheap rims..... talked to rockstomper 4 week lead time, called a couple other places 2 month lead time.

does anyone stock 15x10 3.5" bs (i can work with the bs) 8 lug!?!?!?!?! or does anyone have a set layin around?

im probably gonna end up with either trail ready or high-impact in the end, unless i got the cheap rims from rockstomper and then i was gonna just weld the locks on later.

so anyone know of any? i was hoping to order them in a week or so i might have to have the swap done by the weekend of june 30th. which isnt really a problem the rear axle is sitting waiting for gears and lockers the front will be here this weekend and all it needs is brackets gears lockers and steering. oh and the RIMS i cant find hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSE_at_TLT
I could make rollcages shaped like balloon animals and they sure would be different and eye catching. Want one?

Originally Posted by Dieselmh
Do the world a favor and just kill her. It needs to be done.
Dust Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 2521
I got some SenDel whitespokes for $35 apiece. They are 4.25 backspacing though, which is why I need to get rid of them. Had to grind lots to get the 3.5 BS wheels to clear the Dodge 60F.
Look around, they're out there, some people don't know about them. My boss has worked tires for 25 years and swore up and down there was no such thing as a 15" 8-lug.
Slagburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2002, 06:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 1700
i got black rockcrawlers from 4wheel parts about a year and a half ago.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 1636
Don't buy those P.O.S. US Wheels from Summit. My buddy got a set and he had me mount and balance them. One had a very un-true center (Imposible to balance with cones and I don't acces to lug-centric rings in 8 lug), and one had a wad of powdercoat crap on the inside that we had to grind away. Four Wheel Parts may have rockcrawlers in stock in the size you need. My 15x10 8 lugs are from American Racing, but I don't know anyone who stocks them (I got them used)
Old 05-28-2002, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 4214
Funny, i just talked to scott@rockstomper today and he gave me some good info on this very subject.

I was under the impression that you had to run 2.5" backspacing for the d60 front. That info did not come from scott. How much grinding has to be done to fit 15x10 wheels with 3" backspacing?
Old 05-28-2002, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 2521
-not trying to run off with the subject- but,
I don't know if the Dodge and Chevy calipers are the same size, sit in the same spot, etc. My 91 Dodge 60 calipers, with 3.5 backspace, needed to be ground from the center of the rotor out, and maybe 1/4 inch down, including the outer edge of caliper stands. I've seen the thread with the ground-down calipers breaking in half, and I am not concerned about that happening here. There's still quite a bit of beef left. Now with 4.25 backspace...
Somebody had a picture of their ground calipers up a week or so ago, and mine looked just about the same, to give you an idea.

<edit- to fit 15x10 wheels>

Last edited by Slagburn; 05-28-2002 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 2521
-not trying to run off with the subject- but,
I don't know if the Dodge and Chevy calipers are the same size, sit in the same spot, etc. My 91 Dodge 60 calipers, with 3.5 backspace, needed to be ground from the center of the rotor out, and maybe 1/4 inch down, including the outer edge of caliper stands. I've seen the thread with the ground-down calipers breaking in half, and I am not concerned about that happening here. There's still quite a bit of beef left. Now with 4.25 backspace...
Somebody had a picture of their ground calipers up a week or so ago, and mine looked just about the same, to give you an idea.