Pirate 4x4 banner

Fire Restictions on the 'Con

3K views 46 replies 29 participants last post by  randii 
#1 ·
Just FYI :)

I just got off the phone with the Pacific Ranger Station.

*Fire restrictions are currently in place in the El Dorado National Forest.

*Campfires are allowed ONLY in improved campgrounds with fire rings. Permit required!

*Propane camp stoves and BBQ's are allowed in all other areas. Permit required!

*Charcoal BBQ's are not allowed outside of inproved campgrounds.

Please be carefull out there :)

#4 ·
Rubicrawler said:
Just FYI :)

I just got off the phone with the Pacific Ranger Station.

*Fire restrictions are currently in place in the El Dorado National Forest.

*Campfires are allowed ONLY in improved campgrounds with fire rings. Permit required!

*Propane camp stoves and BBQ's are allowed in all other areas. Permit required!

*Charcoal BBQ's are not allowed outside of inproved campgrounds.

Please be carefull out there :)

We ran into similiar restrictions this last weekend in Big Bear.
They are even stricter. No campfires or charcoal grills outside
developed campgrounds with water spigots. We were at a group
campsite without water, so no fires or charcoal.

#10 ·
UGET IT said:
Thanks for posting this information. Everyone reading this please help in spreafing the information. If you see someone having a fire please tell them of the current situation and tell em to put out thier fires!:)
You're welcome :)

#11 ·
It sucks that there are so many irresponsible people out there that would make their fires too big and burn down the forest. It ruins it for the rest of us:( It's just not the same camping/wheelin' without a fire....... but I guess it beats the alternative (no trees because some JackAss let a fire get out of control)

Guess we'll be hovered around a lantern in the fire-pit again this year:beer:

#19 ·
I think thier new policy of screwing everyone with the no campfire restrictions sucks. People that leave the fire unattended during fire season should be pushed into them but a near all out ban every summer I think sucks. Arsonists, lightning, and forrestry worker are setting the fires not happy campers. If I see someone on the trail with a campfire I know I sure as hell won't give them crap about it unless they leave it then watch out!

#20 ·
66CJdean said:
I think thier new policy of screwing everyone with the no campfire restrictions sucks. People that leave the fire unattended during fire season should be pushed into them but a near all out ban every summer I think sucks. Arsonists, lightning, and forrestry worker are setting the fires not happy campers. If I see someone on the trail with a campfire I know I sure as hell won't give them crap about it unless they leave it then watch out!
Is a campfire that important Dean? I dont think it is a bad idea, it would suck to loose the scenery due to an accident. Using chain saws to cut wood could start one as well. I think it is a good idea.

#21 ·
I think it is. Sitting around a candle is not the same. Over all summers I can remember we never had this sort of restriction until last year and now this year. Very few wild dires are started by a campfire and of that did they were mostly by people that just left then and wern't being responsible so why this all out ban. What other liberty are we so willing to give up. There are plenty that want to ban 4 wheeling because there is a chance we just might run something over but were all will to fight for that because people that do that sort of thing are a fring. I say Fawk that! I say sit back have a fire but treat it with the respect it deservs and have a good time.

#22 ·
66CJdean said:
I think it is. Sitting around a candle is not the same. Over all summers I can remember we never had this sort of restriction until last year and now this year. Very few wild dires are started by a campfire and of that did they were mostly by people that just left then and wern't being responsible so why this all out ban. What other liberty are we so willing to give up. There are plenty that want to ban 4 wheeling because there is a chance we just might run something over but were all will to fight for that because people that do that sort of thing are a fring. I say Fawk that! I say sit back have a fire but treat it with the respect it deservs and have a good time.
Problem is, not all people respect the fire..........
And by the way, I can remember more years with fire restrictions, than without. You wanna fight or sumtin?

#23 ·
Keith said:

And by the way, I can remember more years with fire restrictions, than without. You wanna fight or sumtin?
You can say that about guns and plenty of other things.

#24 ·
Keith said:

and not all wheelers respect the trail, lets close all the trails down too, that will keep them safe from dissrespectfull 4x4er's, see how assinine it sounds now? think! stop typing and think:)

#25 ·
Weekend of July 13, the couple camped next to me rolled out of camp on Sunday morning... not 5 minutes after they left, the log in their fire pit got stoked up by wind gusts and caught fire.

PLEASE, PLEASE make sure your fire is out and the embers are cool.

Anyone knows this kid, they may want to edumucate him:
http://home.off-road.com/~bassettsbeast/images/trips/Rubicon/July12-14_2002/boxed_runner.jpg

edit: He is the one under the rig, the red shirt was his female companion.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.