Pirate 4x4 banner

rockwells and 15's.

822 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  YELLER BLAZER 
#1 ·
So, I've got a spankin new set of 44" boggers. I'm selling my 1-ton junk and buying rockwells. I'll most probably cut the centers out of my eatons and weld in new 6 lug centers. With a pinion brake will a 15" wheel fit?

What's the hubs flipped in/out business all about?!

#3 ·
Yes, I've seen the pictures before... But still, what's the hubs flipped business about? You remove the drums and then you can physically put the hubs back on backwards? Interesting. The hubs will stick out another 6" per side or so, right? Having a 3.5" offset wheel that's 16" wide'll cover up the hubs I'm assuming. I'm guessing here, but is this right?

#6 ·
I'm running 15x12 beadlocks on my rockwells with a pinion brake. I reversed my rear hub to match the stock front which makes the wms to wms 89 3/4". I made my wheels with 8 1/2" of back spacing which makes my track width with in 3/4 of an inch as my old one ton stuff (chevy 60 and 14 bolt) with 3 1/2" of back spacing. by doing this I feel like I have a stronger wheel because the leverage placed on the center and rim is minimal in compasison to a deep dish wheel, I hit a tree a month ago hard enough to break a steering knuckle and didn't hurt the wheel so there must be some truth to this logic.

Also you cannot put more than 4" or 9" (depending on how you turn your hubs) with a rockwell it will not clear the knuckle, I woudln't go deeper than 3 1/2 or 8 1/2 because it is sooooo close
Here is a picture of mine in action that shows how it all looks assembled pretty well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.