Pirate 4x4 banner

4x4 In Motion Niagra Rim run....anybody from here go besides me?

868 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Travis Waldher 
#1 ·
It was a shit load of fun. There was some good carnage at the rockpile. :D Anybody else go?

#3 ·
I was there and had a blast. Had to laugh at the guy in the brand new black TJ (still had the happy plates on it) try to get it in the rock pile. A bolt in the rear control arm was loose and came out. The axel rotated when he romped on it and broke the u-joint. That thing was just to pretty to be there. My uncle and his buddy tried to fix it, but the guy ended up just driving back to Modesto in front wheel drive. I would have also like to have seen the new Discovery on boggers wheel, I only saw it parked at camp. That thing was sweet.
-Brian

#6 ·
The trail is above Pinecrest/Strawberry on Hwy 108 (take the Eagle Medows exit). Unfortunately I was behind the Dodge truck and the XJ from Isreal. The Dodge must have gotten stuck 6 or 7 times just on the first part of the trail and the XJ hit a pot hole and fried a wire to their fuel injection. Needless to say it was slow going at the begining. I don't know what the guy in the Dodge was thinking, I could tell even before we started that it was not going to make it and I had never run the Niagra rim trail before.
-Brian

#13 ·
Anyone got any info on that Dodge that was there? How was it setup and what cab/bed did it have? I have heard that I could run my rig on that trail without much issue (6" total lift, 35" swampers, 4.56's, rear Detroit), but if this guy is setup and he shouldn't have beenthere, then I will reconsider running that trail (for about 5 minutes :flipoff2: ).

Of course, if he has never wheeled much, then that could be the problem.

#14 ·
Here is a fuzzy pic of the Dodge truck. You can also see the nice ding in it.

BTW, the guy in the blue shirt has dirt on his ass because when I was going through there, he slipped under my rig as I was starting down. I almost ran him over.:eek:

#16 · (Edited)
The Dodge ended up taking the bypass for the last couple of obsticles. I think there would have been a lot more damage due to his long wheel base if he had stayed on the trail. A couple of the last few turns and drops are kind of tight. Extented cab or long bed is just too big for the trail. The Dodge had have help in several spots to keep going.

#17 ·
bsilva132 said:
The Dodge ended up taking the bypass for the last couple of obsticles. I think there would have been a lot more damage due to his long wheel base if he had stayed on the trail. A couple of the last few turns and drops are kind of tight. Extented cab or long bed is just too big for the trail. The Dodge had have help in several spots to keep going.
And that is why I stopped wheeling my dodge and got the Jeep. LOL Fullsize trucks suck when most of what you have is tight twisty trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.