Pirate 4x4 banner

Lion 2x8 Hydraulic cylinders

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Station 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of Lion Hydraulics?
Any good?

They are out of Minneapolis and Winnipeg. They have a 2x8 cylinder at the local Farm store. Saw all the talk about how hard it is to find a 2x8. Figured this maybe a new avenue, if it’s a good unit this is what I'll do for my supplemental steering future set up. Price is $70

#2 ·
Hard to find a 2"x8" single ended ram?? No Way! That is just about the easiest hydraulic cylinder to find. They are VERY common.

You should difinitely be able to find it for less $ as well, $70 is a little high. Some people here have gotten them for around $35 when the tractor supply places have sales.
You should normally expect to pay around $50 though.

If anyone has a hard time finding one they must be :smokin: .

Sean

#3 ·
Mr.N said:
Has anyone ever heard of Lion Hydraulics?
Any good?

They are out of Minneapolis and Winnipeg. They have a 2x8 cylinder at the local Farm store. Saw all the talk about how hard it is to find a 2x8. Figured this maybe a new avenue, if it’s a good unit this is what I'll do for my supplemental steering future set up. Price is $70
cant beat it for the price .but HOWE makes dual ended cyl. thats bad ass its pricy but what the hell its bad ass.

#5 ·
I have a lion and 2X8 and I got mine from the local hydrolic shop for 45 bucks so i don't know why your's is so high. Look around and check with your local hydrolic shop, and make sure that 8 inch stroke is gunna be enough to turn lock to lock!

#8 ·
DRM said:

Then stop being smug and come up off the info!
I have posted the prices and specs of the hydraulic rams that I sell a few times already. I don't want to bug the ones who read all of my posts regarding the hydraulic steering systems that I sell.

I know from others examples, that the bulletin board is not to be a place for free advertising(well, almost free) of products. If I am asked for specific info though, I am happy to share information on any components that I sell.

Since you asked,
The double ended hydraulic steering cylinder that I sell is an Arlington 2.25" bore, 1.5" shaft, 8" stroke(4" from center to lock) double ended (balanced), welded steering cylinder with foot mounts complete with 3/4 x 5/8 QA1 Endura series rod ends and jam nuts for $320. I can install cheaper rod ends if that is your choice. The QA1 Endura series rod ends are top of the line.

If you already have heim joints, or you want to source your own, I will sell the steering cylider modified to accept heim joint rod ends for $250.
Or you can get it for $200 with no modification, but expert machine work is required to the ram to fit heim joints.

Here is a picture of the setop that I sold to Doug(RockRover).

If you have any more questions regarding prices please PM me, out of respect for the rules of the board. If you want to know any technical info, then ask it here, so that everybody needing it may benefit from it.

Sean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.