Pirate 4x4 banner

new 42" tsl is shorter than the rest!?!?!

770 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  DWSKRUZER 
#1 ·
i just picked up a new 42" tsl to replace the one i cut a couple of weeks ago. this thing is shorter than the origonal 5 i bought by almost 1 1/2" at 15psi!!!! :mad3: i even aired it up to 30psi and it is still shorter than the rest at 15psi. wtf????? anyone know why?

#2 ·
Wide manufacturing tolerance?!?!?:confused: :p

I´d call Interco. If I´m not mistaken, there are mold numbers on the tires. It´d be good to have these numbers handy for all 06 tires (the 05 old ones and the new one) when you call...

Good luck...;)

:beer: :beer:

#3 · (Edited)
I wonder if you din't get a much older or newer tire than what you had. Sometimes tires sit around in wharehouses forever. 3 of the guys that I ride with run 42 TSL's and we haven't measured them to see if they are any different in height, but the compound seems to be different in the oldest set (about 1 year older than the other 2). They are all 3 pretty close on weight and weight distribution. The oldest set won't hardly squat with no air at all in them where as the other 2 sets do great with about 4-5 psi. I don't know what they changed but it had to be something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.