Pirate 4x4 banner

master cyl. for 4 wheel discs

825 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ChiScouter 
#1 ·
What makes a good master cylinder for 4 wheel discs on 3/4 or 1ton calipers and rotors? Bore size, stroke? Total volume? Porportioning abilities? I want to be thrown through the windshield when I hit the fat pedal.

I'm putting 3/4 ton junk on my '72 wagoneer and I want to know if my stock master cylinder and booster are going to be up to the task. The original system was for 4 wheel drums, and iirc it's a 1" bore.

I've searched through quite a few posts and I keep running into the same information and it isn't quite what I'm looking for. So, if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

I've read about a few different swaps that people have done; E350 mc on YJ's, Corvette mc's on non-power CJ's, these are all great, and maybe one of these options will work for me, but I'd like to know why these swaps work, and what the important variables are. Thanks for any help. My flame shield is on. :D

#2 ·
1 ton hydraboost brakes are sweet, they definatly throw you for u for sure. but i disliked them when teh engine would stop so do your brakes, so i now have super top secrete nascar style master! jiMMy

#3 ·
#4 ·
Try to reach tech at MP Brakes www.mpbrakes.com
These guys make a 9" dual diaphram design kit for CJ/YJ/TJ'S and I'm sure they have an application for your FSJ
I just installed their system on a '69 HEMI Charger and they didn't stop for shit....well it sure stops now!!!
Good Luck

#5 ·
1BDYJ said:
Try to reach tech at MP Brakes www.mpbrakes.com
These guys make a 9" dual diaphram design kit for CJ/YJ/TJ'S and I'm sure they have an application for your FSJ
I just installed their system on a '69 HEMI Charger and they didn't stop for shit....well it sure stops now!!!
Good Luck
make sure you have a bunch of dough when you call those guys......try a 79 f-bird master. Napa p/n M82002.

#7 ·
why is it when a question about master cylinders comes up there is a shitload of replies claiming the brake booster increased the braking ability in something?
the booster reduces pedal effort.
thats it. no increase in braking ability unless you are so far off on your hydraulic sizing as to be dangerous

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.