Pirate 4x4 banner

4wheel parts advertisement

4K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  rocktoy4me 
#1 ·
I was listin to the radio today and i heard and advertisement for 4 wheel parts I was like WTF i couldn't belive it I was astonished. They have the SORRIEST service in the country. and they are ADVERTISEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE tell me ATLANTA is the only place that has this SCAM goin on.....

I couldn't belive it I called the radio station and told them they they had the worst service and they shouldn't support company's like that and they didn't say much.

I AM SHOCKED:eek: :eek:

#3 ·
The more I hear people complian about 4WPW stores everywhere else, the happier I am that I live in Memphis. Is it rare for all the 4WPW guys to actually wheel?

I know the mail-order place sucks, but have you guys everywhere else had similar experiences with the local stores that this guy did?

#5 ·
I've never had a problem. Order from them quite a bit. Parts come on time, price is good, free shipping is ok but the "handling" fee is a pain.

But then again I don't go ordering completely custom shit from them either. Basic steel wheels, gears, tires, softride lift kit.....and some recovery gear. That's about it.

#9 ·
are they really that bad?i had never really bougt anything from them.i have a buddy that hooks me up large at quadratec so if anyone needs something maybe i can get you some better prices.
i use to buy tons of shit from summit and now that a company always on time and great pricing.....

#11 ·
they advertise here all the time Portland OR vicinity market anyway the promo I heard said 60% off this month only.... Been thinking about tires.......

#12 ·
glondark the store in Reno is privetly owned and there service is good I have used them before. My sister live in Reno and sometimes she will get the parts for me.

#13 ·
They advertise in Dallas all the time. I don't buy much from them, they really don't sell stuff I'm interested in that I can't get anywhere else. I did buy my rollcage hoop from them because I didn't want to deal with shipping, and every shock I've bought was from them. If I was in to KC lights and moon visors I'd probably buy them at 4wp.

#14 ·
I live in Reno, and am not impressed at all with the Reno (sparks) store. I've never had anything come on time, they don't call when shipments arrive, and they never offer their services, it's like I'm always asking or requesting them to do something obvious. I also contacted the online store, and the guy wouldn't even beat the price on some 35" MTRs from Tire Rack, until I wrote back with a lot of BS on false advertising, and then still they would just match the price, not beat it. I usually just find the product I need, then find it online for the best price.

#15 ·
I havent bought much form them, but I have been fairly happy each time I dealt with them. When I broke the drive shaft on my jeep, I called around everywhere. they all wanted lots of $$$. I called 4wpw and "the jeep guy" there sold me HIS spare shaft for what he payed for it. $75. Alot cheaper than the other places I called.

I bought a 4" procomp lift, some of those plastic floor liners and some other little junk there. But nothing major. I build my shit.

Also, I wouldnt let ANY "off road shop" touch my rig. Gear setups only.

#16 ·
I've bought a few things from a couple of their stores in the LA area. I haven't had a problem yet with stuff not arriving on time, but a couple times they didn't call me to say it had arrived. When I called them, they said it was there. Not really a big deal.

They are definately geared to the mall crawler, though. Lots of bolt-on chromey things, and the people they hire get all confused (and they try to tell you its not important) when you ask them anything about spring rates, or something along those lines. Sometimes they're idiots, also. They wouldn't quote me a price on a D35 RS gearset and locker because the guy insisted Rangers don't have a D35 (he thought they all were D28). He called a local Ford dealer and then probably felt like a moron:shaking:

You have to know what you want when you go in there (and what a reasonable price for it is). You cannot rely on them to give knowledgeable info, and their prices are sky-high, until you say something about it.

#19 ·
funny....i was thinking about driving to my local 4wph and getting some of those clear tail lights today. I heard they make you crawl better.

OK...really the only thing good about 4wph is that they are supposed to beat any price from a competor. Havent tried this yet...but if you know what you want....you may be able to get it a little cheaper (maybe).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.