Pirate 4x4 banner

NP205 Yoke NUT

15K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  onetoncv 
#1 ·
I got an NP205 and I need the yoke nut.

Where can I get one?

The nut is a 1 -5/16".

The problem 3/4" drive 1-5/16" Don't fit in the yoke.
A wrench dosn't have enough room

SO i see only one solution a 1-5/16" 1/2" drive. The problem with this is I Can't find one. From the sears store they say Craftsman don't make it. Neither does lowe's neither does home depot. Ford don't carry the part. So what can i do?

I know where there is a NP205 with a busted case in a junkyard but I can't get that durn nut off?

EVEN if I go to a hardware store and find a nut to fit the treads how am i gonna put it on?

I'm lost if i'm overlooking something too simple PLEASE let me know.

Thanx

See less See more
#2 ·
I ran into the same problem rebuilding mine. Luckily my friends dad had a nice thin walled socket that fit. I think it was an 18pt socket if I remember right craftsman or snap on. The 6pt sockets side walls are to thick thus the problem with the yoke nut.

#3 · (Edited)
craftsman said they didn't have one and I asked the manager so i kinda rekon they don't?

maybe snap on

anybody a snap on dealer?

#7 ·
the Dealer dose NOT have the nut and really don't care to find it for me but I found one in a junk yard I wanna get cuz the case is cracked and just gotta get the right socket.

Elf-crusier Is that a 1/2" drive? If so could you post the numbers on the side of it? I'd like to know

Thanx

Brian R I belive that be what i'm looking for just gotta wait till monday to go pick see about getting one. thanx

#11 ·
well there is NO way that 3/4 drive will fit it's OD is 1/8 too big

BrianR brought up probably the best option,

I got a good cheep machine shop but its probably esier to buy the right tool

#15 ·
mj said:
so you think that noone else in the world has removed this nut?
I had to go buy a 12 pnt socket to get mine off, cheapo parts store brand fits fine not a 6pt impact
yes I know somebody else has removed it and ran into the problems, i just couldn't find a 12pt 1/2" drive and i wanted to know what folks did. I made my self clear to keep people who didn't know about the problem from answering. I should be able to get a socket thanx to BrianR tommorrow

thanx to all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.