Pirate 4x4 banner

D44 33 spline shafts

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  axleater 
#1 ·
not quite sure what my computer was doing last night which left my post with no message, but anyway.....

A buddy of mine is looking into a super kit for his d44 in a TJ. I've searched on information about the 33 spline axles that come in the kit and all I can find is that they are in fact 33 spline. Anyone know shaft diamater or anything else about these things?

Thanks,
Justin

#9 ·
JEEPRZ said:
As of a few weeks ago, the 33 spline Detroit was not avail, either separatly or Kit form. You can buy the 33spline OX, and order custom shafts from your axle maker of choice.

I have not heard of a 33 spline spool

detriot didn't?? wow i guess iw as dreaming when i had it in my HANDS!

#10 ·
In the Super kit you can get a Detroit or OX. I measured the side gears on a 44 yesterday and if you went to 35 the spline part would be getting pretty thin unless you reduced the ID on the bearing to make that area thicker. Otherwise I think it would just split way before the axle would go.

#13 ·
maxles has 30 spline chrome moly and 33 spline chrome moly dana 60 front shafts going in a test truck sometime this month, we are hoping to be be able to sell them by the end of this summer

#15 ·
the dana 60 33 spline shafts would be used with 33 spline ox-locker in a dana 44 housing with dana 60 outer shafts, currently our only selectable locker option above 30 spline inners
as of right now our only option for 35 spline shafts is spool or lockright

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.