Pirate 4x4 banner

173 pictures from swedish offroadweekend

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  zags 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
Ya thats a nice tow rig.
My dads buddy built a smal boom like that with hydros to load his snow mobile on the truck in the winter but i would have never thought about having a truck big enough to do it with your rig. That is cool :D

#6 ·
Hehe, it may seem very harsh of us running around in the swamplands like that but its so fun!

Nah, the area we used on this outing is a large LARGE military excercise field. They are training tank-crews / educating military personell on 4x4 - 6x6 light and heavy equip / swedish military vehicle makers takes test drives in the muck and so on. And thats been practiced since the 50:s.

Btw, the pictures in index 12 is us trying to get thru a previously tank-molested area where they practices winching, thus having to get a tank stuck first by purpose :)

The area is considered amongst the best offroad-areas in sweden.

It's got sand / (rock) / muck / mud / mosquitos :(

But! -It's getting tougher and tougher to get hold of the field legally :(

Magnus

#8 ·
Wow, i'd have to say that in index 7 pic "112-1236_IMG.JPG" would have to take the prize for the ultimate tow rig.

I will have to save up for one like that....har har. Or get 2 more jobs to save up for one.

It is also nice to see what kind of rigs you wheel in Sweden. What are the prices like on replacement parts? And are they pretty easy to get?

Looks like fun!!

Later.

Ken S.

#9 ·
I think that guy borrowed a Volvo work truck with a PALFINGER crane, power companys and such have them around here. Mighty neat crane, folds behind the cab and are remotely controlled by radio.

Well, about wheeling.. You wheel what 4x4 you find :) -I have never ever seen a 4x4 built on a frame in a junkyard yet..

You find an old IH or blazer and run it til it dies, then use the 350/350/np205 and some volvo axles and put it to work in some other application. 4x4 stuff tend to end up with just a few persons :) -Very common is also building old military vehicles like the C303 / laplander / heavier trucks...

We are not so enlightened about different axles, we tend to like volvo products..

Saw an old bronco wheeling this weekend, first time ever.

Magnus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.