Pirate 4x4 banner

BillaVista's new buggy !!

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  ChadLloyd 
#1 ·
A brief history:

Built the XJ to wher it was a well balanced capable rig.

Rolled it, fixed it, repainted it a cool OD

Snapped axle, fragged Detroit, smashed 2 windows, caved in another door (the 4th or 5th).

Thought "stuff this for a game of soldiers" - decided to sell it or part it out and build the buggy I need.

Haven't had much luck, nothing was moving - no market here, and shipping to uSA was killing me.

And then fate smiled upon me:

http://www.rightcoastcrawler.com/billaVista/Buggy/Buggy.htm

Still plan to build my own from scratch...a 4 seater...but I'm wheelin' again, and can afford to take my time

#3 ·
That is nice!! I really like that thing!

I like the full hydro plans!

WOW on the no internet deal! Its amazing when you see that, I cant imagine it cause I have been on the internet asking hundreds of questions just to modify a toyota!

Good score! :D

#5 ·
Camo sez:if i am to understand correctly you bought it already done and are going to run it until you build a new one?

Yea - it's already done - and I didn't build it - I feel lame! (But there's much tweaking to do...full hydro and such)
But - it gets me back wheeling while I build my other buggy.Still going to do that....over time. See, originally I was going to take a
couple of years or so to do it - and wheel the XJ meantime. But the XJ wasn't meeting my needs. Now I have a wheeler, and can take my time. I want to build my own, just for the fun of it, plus I still plan to use a LR Series II body - coz it reminds me of my childhood (no cheap psychoanalysis please :) I want a 4 seater for the family runs too. Speaking of which - how / in waht do you restrain the little 'uns in the Back camo?

What I'd like to do with this one is slap on some Swampers and trailer it down there and do some competin'.....open up a big ol' can of red and white maple flavoured whoop ass! :)

TyTy sez:WOW on the no internet deal! Its amazing when you see that, I cant imagine it cause I have been on the internet asking hundreds of questions just to modify a toyota

No kidding - I often wonder how much other untapped genious is out there...still, at least we have this place!

Brett sez:I can't wait to wheel with ya in sept.

It's going to kick ass! REALLY looking forward to it. Anywhere I can see pics of your Bronc? (always loved the bronco!)

#9 · (Edited)
How Ironic!! I was just doing some searching through old posts here on POR and came across this pic.
Oh well, I see with the temporary low bandwidth condition, that I can not use the image tags so I will just post the link.
This pic....

http://www.rightcoastcrawler.com/trails/cripplecreek/20011013/RueGall/Dcp_3354.jpg

I was going to PM you some time this week, asking what is up with your friends buggy, and how he is liking his tires.
What a surprise when I logged in and saw your thread!

Congratulations on ,what looks to be, money well spent.
It is a really nice looking buggy.

Have fun man!!

Sean

#10 ·
Station,

That pic is when he had the skinnier Michelins - he found them too narrow. Now it has the wider XML's and he grooved the piss out of them.

I will take a bazillion photos when it arrives on Saturday - and be sure to keep everyone updated.

Drooling....

#11 ·
hey bill, glad your xj parts didn't go all over the place, nice to see it still in almost one piece....... :D ........ and now that ya got rue's snipe........ hmmmm...... going to be alot more fun than the xj ever was.........
and bill, thanks for that one part off your xj, its works great.......
and i see that rue made the adapter himself right??? does he have a e-mail or anything, i'd like to get an adapter for a duel toyota case so i can run toy running gear in my zuki...... but the adapters are a little expensive....:D
have a blast with your new sniper........
-Mike

#12 ·
BillaVista said:
Station,

That pic is when he had the skinnier Michelins - he found them too narrow. Now it has the wider XML's and he grooved the piss out of them.

I will take a bazillion photos when it arrives on Saturday - and be sure to keep everyone updated.

Drooling....
Bill, are you gonna keep the xj tech on your site? Or should I save it all?

#15 ·
"does he have a e-mail or anything"

Nope - doesn't even own a computer!!

"Bill, are you gonna keep the xj tech on your site?"

Let me answer this way....you still have a tiny soft spot in your heart for your first real girlfriend? :) ...it stays....and the XJ is still the best all-round Jeep ever built....but I STILL want a '43 GPW!

"you suck"
And you're going to find out just how much!

"Damn! How wide is that front axle"
I think you mean "damn, how narrow is that body!" (I miss flipoffs). It's wahtever a stock Chevy 1 ton d60 is - I guess 68-72" or something. The real answer is....who cares!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.