Pirate 4x4 banner

(For Bigdude & rkcrawl) Full circle clips

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  rkcrawl 
#1 ·
If you can't get the full circle clips using the part # in the warn instructions, you can go to Ace hardware and get the 1" clips. They worked perfectly in mine, just installed them 2 weeks ago. If you guys can't get them, I can bring you some. I'll be there early Sat. morning.

Easy

#2 ·
You're the man. I'll swing by Ace today and see if they're in stock. Even if they have to order they'll be here by Thursday.

1" full circle clips right??? With or without the snap-ring plier holes????(Assuming w/o but not sure because I have a 60 :D)

#4 ·
aww shit bigdude, for some reason I thought you were running a 44. I can't tell you about the 60, I haven't found that $300 60 yet.
Sorry. Just take one of your caps down and see if they can match one up for ya. That's what I did w/ the 44 joint. Mine have the holes for the pliers.

Easy

#5 ·
And another thing. rkcrawl- did your shafts come with the full circle clips? I got inners and outers, but didn't get any clips with them. Just wondering if I need to call someone up and do some whining.

Easy

#6 ·
i got the full circle snap rings from warn along with shafts, the snap rings "do not fit". the diameter is correct but they are way to thin. in fact i went to at least twenty places and everyone had the thinner ones. i orderd mine from jegs online and they are the correct width. warn sent out .032" the groove is .062 wide. the ones i got from jegs are .058 to .060 thick. i had to order a box of 100 for like 25 dollars or something but now i have them for all my friends in the NW..... even randys sell the incorrect ones. when installed in the axels there was lots of slop between the snaprings and the ears of the axel and stub. i called warn about it and they blew me off........ said theres were perfect and wasnt interested in even measuring thiers compared to a 297X ujoint which they are designed to fit...

i could look up the part number if needed.

#7 · (Edited)
EasyXJ said:
And another thing. rkcrawl- did your shafts come with the full circle clips? I got inners and outers, but didn't get any clips with them. Just wondering if I need to call someone up and do some whining.

Easy
Are you talking about the stub shaft snap rings, or the u-joint?
The outer warn shafts don't come with them, but the CTM u-joints I ordered come with full circle snap rings...

Edit: OK, Mine didn't come with snap rings. The install instructions included a part#.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.