Pirate 4x4 banner

35x12.5 on 7" wide wheels, any good?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Patrol 
#1 ·
I get a set of new 35x12.5 MT's for dirt cheap to replace my 33x9.5 BFG's pretty soon. I wanna mount them on my old 7x15 steelies. Is this any good, or should I have at least 8"? It's a trail-only rig used on different terrain from mud to rocks. I had 33x12.5's on 8" before and found this to be ok. Need input now..........

#2 ·
Need input now..........
Ok Then, Just do it.
Yes the tire will fit
Yes the tire will stay on
Yes you will keep the bead longer when aired down
but just make sure your backspacing is enough so the tires do not rub on anything at full turn.

#4 ·
Thanks folks ! I was a bit afraid about the bead popping thing. Backspacing is ok, I have enough clearance and a good sawzall :D
Anyone used flip shackles in the front here ? I plan on doing so. Any downs on that ? BTW, these are still my 33's

#5 ·
Patrol said:
Backspacing is ok, I have enough clearance and a good sawzall :D
Are you going to cut your leaf springs if they're in the way too? You might trial fit one tire to make sure it isn't going to rub your springs, or at least see how much steering you'll need to lose so you don't rub anymore.

I put 35's on 7" rims on my wagoneer, everything looked good, but my turning radius suffered since I couldn't turn all the way without rubbing my tires on the leaf springs. Good luck.

#6 ·
Good point with the leafs though......
I'll try and see, could be a good excuse to build a custom coil over suspension, hmmmmmmmmmmm............................

#9 ·
D60 said:
What he said he said.

Four 37x12.50 on 15x7 wheels DO fit in the back of an Audi wagon :flipoff2:
Okie when he said what he said, I think it's ok to believe what he said is what he said :flipoff2:

BTW, that's the first Audi on 37's I've seen :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.