Pirate 4x4 banner

Wheeling "Bigdudes Backyard" *linked pics*

2K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  flashvideos 
#1 ·
Well rkcrawl and I headed out Saturday to my private FL rock garden (seriously, no BS). We are running his Jeep in ERoCC and needed to shake it down as it's fresh off a build-up. This is also only the second run for my Jeep since it's transformation. The location is on private property. I work for the land owning coporation and am in good with the site supervisors, thus, we can wheel some hard core rocks here in FL.

Anyway onto the pics..... err........ links

The pile

The entrance (poser shot)

See less See more
#3 ·
The exit (and I made it with no breaks)

I ran the 38s at 5 psi this time (vs 9 psi on the 1st run) and I thought they did great. this isn't the best picture but if you look at the tires inside you can see the sidewall flex.

#4 ·
Now it was rkcrawl's (Jim's) turn to have some fun. Jim at the entrance with his sponsor Fuzzy on the ride-along

Right after the entrance there was an extremely large hole. It was very difficult and you need just the right line. Neither of us had hit the right line so you end up hung on your rear diff. Jim got through it and we were working his front tire to get over a large boulder. He had it in rear Lo w/ the twinsticks and was spinning them to slid his ass end down a slope and toward the driver side. His rear tires bit suddenly and......... his rig got broke in Pirate style

#5 ·
Of course no flop is complete w/o the obligatory "Pirate Salute". this pic also shows the size of the hole and boluders that we were wheeling.

This was a before shot. He slid down to the driver side and over it went. Definitely nice flex from the HD CJ-7 spring in SOA.

#6 ·
It was a fun ride all in all and we'll definitely be hitting this spot more often when we don't want to tow 10 hrs for some rocks. I ended the day with no carnage but Jim wasn't so lucky. This was a shakedown run for him so it's good to find the week points. Here's a list of what he broke.

rkcrawl said:

Ok.. Here is the total carnage list from my "practice session" with Bigdude:

Outer stub shaft (p-side)
Axle shaft ujoint (d-side)
Inner axle shaft (d-side)
Roller fairlead (should be fixable) Kevin you need to bring yours!
Two RS9012s: nailed the tubes hard enough to bind (my fault, should have trimmed the ubolt spring plates).
Two new battle scars
Driver side flop.

Check the pix:

Green arrow indicates twisted ear, check out the stub!

IF I can get new parts in time, I will still make it to ERoCC.
Depends on Currie and CTM!!

#9 ·
bigdude said:

So have you talked to Currie about the shafts??? Did they say it can be done?????

if you want warn shaft cut and splined for your nine.... yes currie can and will do that... just make sure they get the length right! they didnt with me once arrrrgh

#11 ·
bigdude said:

But can and will they do it in an "It's need tomorrow" situation?
Hmm, thought I answered in a PM. I'll have them thursday morning, it will be a busy day to leave on time Thursday night.
CTMs will be here tomorrow, spindle bearing and seal Wednesday. So tonight will be all the lingering little stuff, which isn't much at the point, and taking the standard 297x out of the warn outers.

I'll be there...

#16 ·
rkcrawl said:

Argh.. I know. I am trying to be positive.. I made it REAL clear that I needed them ASAP. I will call again tomorrow to make sure we are on track for a Wednesday ship date... If they don't make it, I will be hosed.
Post their number and I'll call them tomorrow too :D If we bombard them with calls they'll get them done just to stop the phone from ringing :flipoff2:

#19 ·
EROCC Video's

Hey hope ya guy's make it this weekend, more carnage for me to film, I've been getting some really cool stuff for my video's, have you all seen any of the Flash Production video's from the EROCC events?? I don't film for SOJA which is the guy's filming for the event, I do it for my own, they are pretty cool, ask Daryl, Tim, or Chad, I'll have copy's available of the 2nd event there this weekend, or email me at flashvideos@aol.com
See ya this weekend
Flash

#20 ·
Re: EROCC Video's

flashvideos said:
Hey hope ya guy's make it this weekend, more carnage for me to film, I've been getting some really cool stuff for my video's, have you all seen any of the Flash Production video's from the EROCC events?? I don't film for SOJA which is the guy's filming for the event, I do it for my own, they are pretty cool, ask Daryl, Tim, or Chad, I'll have copy's available of the 2nd event there this weekend, or email me at flashvideos@aol.com
See ya this weekend
Flash
The video pimp strikes again :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.