Pirate 4x4 banner

wheeling? or think your wheeling?

2K views 39 replies 27 participants last post by  Jester_YJ 
#1 ·
thought id shar a little humor at the last erocc..... a few competitors were trying to get up a tuff hill climb, a spectator starts telling people around him a story of when he was wheeling his chevy... he was saying that he has takin it up hills steeper than this one.... ( it was a stock chevey truck, with low loc? ba hahahahaha) but anywho he was just goin on bout how this stock truck was gettin it all over tha place.... so the ? is how many people have you come across that say they used to wheel, then you ask what vehicle/mods.... then say to yourself, that aint wheeling :D

#2 ·
BWAAA HAHAHA

My father in law is THE WORST.

Ever fawkin time i bring up wheeling he has to try and brag about how badass his STOCk z-71 is. lol

We were in the grage the other night.. finished up the rear shocks.. took it out on the ramp to make sure all traveled good..

he pulls up and starts talkin shit again..
so i pull off.. and tell him i wanna see it. Get some on this ramp man.
so he trys to pull up on it..cant even get 1 ince because his fog lights are hitting the ramp.

So i tell him. I'll do all the work and pull your whole fawkin bumper off if you want just to prove to me that your truck is worth CHIT, lol.. he left.

#3 ·
Not a 4x4 but I had a guy up the street from me who was a straight out pathalogical liar. He had at least 5 stories a day. His big one was about his Nova he had decked out. This and that blah blah blah. I finally call him on it and drive by his house ony to see sitting in the weeds with no glass seats tranny or engine his primered up HOTROD. Too bad it only shut him up for about a week, Then he was right back at it with something else. I could see a work in progress. but this thing was not being anywhere near and he wasnt even in a hurry to cut the grass around it.

Some people.

#4 ·
Guy I work with had an early 90's Ranger and would tell me how it was locked front and back from the factory, and that it would go anywhere he pointed it.. Unstoppable, lol

#5 ·
My buddies dad is pretty hilarious though.

Late 70's chevy dually.
31" pizza cutter something or others. :D
Lifted to the sky.
Springs dont budge.
Tells me that anywhere my toy can go, he can go.

:D

Yeeah OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish that he would have followed me up sledgehammer then.

#13 ·
TEX, thats another story all together you brought up.... the ole well you made it because you were first and no one screwed it up for you.... or if you go last and make it, well thats because we made it easier for you to get up......lmao loose loose situation..lol

#16 ·
My step dad USED to say that his old (but good running and looking) 72 Ford F-150 2wd could go anywhere that anything with 4wd could go, *if he gave it enough throttle* This went on for YEARS!!!!

Then I started getting into 4wheeling and building my blazer, then my scout and started showing him pics. I haven't heard a word about his *THEORY* in years.

Cool thing is, he recently took a honda civic. Ripped off the doors, took out the glass, cut off the roof (including hatch) behind the B pillar cut the fenders out and plans to build some HACK lift for it and drop 31's on it. He's using it as a dune buggy in N.M. He made sure to empahsize to me that his Honda "WAS NOT A ROCKCRAWLER OR 4 WHEELER, JUST SOMTHING TO HAVE FUN IN"

he says he's gonna send me pics.....

#17 ·
How bout guys that splash through a few mud puddles in their stock 1 ton extended cab.
"You want hardcore-I'll show you hardcore!" they say.
Spill it Rob...........Who?

#18 ·
bigdude said:

:rainbow: :rainbow: I don't go that way. You must have me confused with Welby :laughing:

you must be confused..... just because you and your but pirate are tickling and beating each other does not me the rest of us want to be involved.... KEEP IT BETWEEN you 2,

#21 · (Edited)
badassjeepguy said:

you must be confused..... just because you and your but pirate are tickling and beating each other does not me the rest of us want to be involved.... KEEP IT BETWEEN you 2,
That's cute how you stick up for your "special friend". Or should I say disgusting how you stick it up your special friend :barf:

#24 ·
LOL, this is sorta similar but off some.

When Quaker Steak and Lube was having 4x4 night and they had the mud pit a guy from another club started getting on me about making it through the mud pit. The pit had two lanes, one was shallow and easy, the other was harder and deeper. I watched this guy going through and he was having a hard time on the deeper hole and had to get pulled out a few times. A friend of mine wanted to go through but I chose the shallow lane.. As I was pulling out he started his hsit talkin about how I could make it through the other side and whatnot. SO I turned around and went through it with little problems. Then he says no, you have to come form the other way! So I went that way too without probelms, then being the smartass that I am, I backed through it! Then to be an even larger smartass, I drove through the deep end and then up and over the middle hump and out the other side! Everyone was screamin and cheering!!! I dont htink he went through it again the rest of the night! LOL

#25 ·
Everyone has someone like this in their group...

I have a guy who, same thing... everthing you've ever heard of or seen, he's done, only with 31's and no lockers. Can follow anyone, anywhere, been there done that, silkscreened the t-shirt himself. Luckily I've never wheeled with him, or I might be tempted to have him prove it. :flipoff2:

If you ever get a chance to actually wheel with them, when you do something and they can't, they just automatically point at your rig and say...

"well, If I had ...

[44's]
[horsepower]
[lockers]
[suspension]
[clear diff covers]
[stock xterra]

"then I would be able to do this trail too..."

When you first meet people, it's hard to really figure out if they are bullshitting you or are really accomplished. Anytime I hear a story around the campfire, I usually divide by 2 anyway.

Tim.

#26 ·
Ahhh my neighbor who is the BEST at everything, and knows everything, has never owned a 4x4 and does not hold down a job for more than a month, talks about his buddies old chevy with 14" lift and 38" monster mudders and POSI's (god I hate that word :D) back in the 70's-80's I guess. Tells his friends mine has "posi's" and I reply back "THEY ARE LOCKERS, NOT POSI'S, THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!"

He says "It was like a baja truck the suspension was so soft" lol Told me it could climb that reataining wall in between our houses. (it's 2 feet tall max) without it even feeling like it was there. :rolleyes: Then tells me that he'd be surprised if mine could..lol He always wants to take me to these "badass" wheelin' spots but then when I ask, he bows out.

Gets old, and he talks about the same topic everytime I'm in the garage :mad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.