Pirate 4x4 banner

Spring Rockers

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  NE-RokToy 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a set of spring rockers for my 85 bronco. I currently have 6" lift with 35" STTS. My rear sits about 2 or so inches low in the rear.

I was recently given the website address for BC broncos and shown their spring rockers and they look like they might be a good then to have. Whats the opinions on these and can they be locked in place for highway driving?

Any picture of them in action would be nice also.

Thanks alot. And I already did a seach and came up with nothing.

#3 ·
Call and talk to chuck, when I spoke to him this spring, he told me that he was working on a locking mechanism for them, to help with the street manners a little. Some guys have fabbed a detachable rear sway bar for on the street. He's a great guy to talk to. the couple of guys that I know of that are running them on trail only rigs love them.

#5 ·
did you cut into your leafs to install thoughs? or does it just look like it by the angle of the pictures?

How do they work? I they really worth the money? I don't to alot of extremem flexing if any. Mostly what I wheel in up here in Alaska is mud and small to medium size boulders.

#6 ·
Maybe a dumb ?...but why pin them???
What are on road characteristics???
Why not make a wide welded perch to axle than you dont have two sets of u-bolts to worry about??
I would have a problem notching the leaf springs...seems like alot of work just to clear another set of bolts
what grade & size of pin would you use for this type of setup??

#8 ·
I would run a track bar (or panard bar if you want to call it that) to keep the axle centered under the truck. I say this because BC Bronco's used to have pictures on thier site of a EB with the axle pushed over several inches from the side load. Other then that I don't see any issues with on road except your suspension may act softer because of less bind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.