Pirate 4x4 banner

Really cool limiting straps

3K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  phineas 
#1 ·
Saw this on *another site* :)D) and thought I'd share. Great idea huh, everyone there seemed to think so :flipoff2:

See less See more
#3 ·
Cool upper spring guide as well............

At times, I get pissed when I think or have to deal with all of the regs that exist against vehicle mods. But it´s arseholes like the "designer" of that POS that give reason to the safety police..........

The worst part is that it looks like at least a bit of thought went into the suspension linkage. I dunno, maybe the original owner died or lost interest and then sold the unfinished product to some retard to finish...

#4 ·
Welby said:
Is that Beast 40's?? Please tell me he's just trying to gauge the length he should make his real
straps :D
It's my understanding that this set-up was used on a real trail ride :shaking: Yes B40, I believe he's on this board also. I wonder where he learned his fabbing skills :D

#8 ·
Does that bungee cord count as "Forced Artitulation" :D :eek:

#11 ·
billj said:
Is all this foolishness in the name of wheel travel?!?!?! I mean, there comes a point of diminishing returns......

Sheez............
I think Flatty would disagree with there....right fatkid? :D:D:D

#12 ·
What I really like about the those yellow rope straps is that fawking knot and the frayed ends!!

Priceless shite!! Are these available in a kit?!?!? Could be the body roll solution that I´ve been searching for.

I think that this thread is about to reach that pivotal point in all "do-you-believe-this-shite" threads where the POR pack dogs attack the poor hapless victim, ripping him to shreds............

#13 ·
When we were trying to determine the length of the limit straps on the Scrambler we used one of those 1" red ratchet straps thinking it could hold the strain. We put the Jeep up the ramp and on the first shot the hooks bent and it let go.

After seeing that in person and now seeing these pictures with someone use nylon clothesline and bungee cords, I am really scared. At least he used two loops per side with the rope. ;-o

#15 ·
JohnnyJ said:
When we were trying to determine the length of the limit straps on the Scrambler we used one of those 1" red ratchet straps thinking it could hold the strain. We put the Jeep up the ramp and on the first shot the hooks bent and it let go.
Last time I was in Slade, KY I watched a guy tie down his new tj in a box trailer with those little red rachet straps. He used 2 of them. One in the front and one in the back. I couldn't beleave it. This guys friend while trying to load his xj destroyed the back of a newer Durango. He didn't have the trailer latched on the ball and tried to drive up onto the trailer. The tung flew up and caved in the back of the Durango. His wife was pissed. The bad part was he almost done it twice. My buddy Nate ran over and stopped him before he hopped back into the xj. (you could clearly see the trailer was just sitting ontop of the ball.
People amaze me

#17 ·
MattS said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Busted!! He just likes posting over there cause it's easy to be king shit in the little pond. LOL
HAHAHAHA That's exactly what I was thinkin:D

#20 ·
MattS said:
Don't act all confused. It only takes ONE post!! LOL Shame on you. Your going to scare and confuse them.

I'm just trying to find out some way to get the smell out of my carpet. They keep saying Febreeze but I'm not sure it'll work. Somebody told me Lysol but I don't want it to smell like a hospital. Should I post a poll about this :confused:

#22 ·
bigdude said:

I'm just trying to find out some way to get the smell out of my carpet. They keep saying Febreeze but I'm not sure it'll work. Somebody told me Lysol but I don't want it to smell like a hospital. Should I post a poll about this :confused:
Damn, Bigdude, you should just choose another handle while on JU, like everyone else does. But alas it to late for your hardcore sole.....your now doomed to have and live in JU hell for ever :D

Rich

#23 ·
Big Rich said:

Damn, Bigdude, you should just choose another handle while on JU, like everyone else does. But alas it to late for your hardcore sole.....your now doomed to have and live in JU hell for ever :D

Rich
And it is replys like this that will keep the JU Mystique alive.

Okay, just ran across a new term I'm not aware of - "twinsticked".

#26 ·
eldiablo said:
I don't think he was using it as a limiting strap. At least that's what he said in this post http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63942&highlight=strap
That's great :flipoff2: But on *the other site* he said he was using that yellow twine for limiting straps

*disclaimer*
The reason I do not list the other site by name is because I know we are not supposed to start shit with other sites. Thus I try to avoid a direct link while still making it obvious where I got the info Got it MattS and MD :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.