Pirate 4x4 banner

Best Place to buy Sawzall?

803 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Im4yotas 
#1 ·
well...whats the best thing i can get, not too expensive, and where?

#2 ·
I used my buddies Chicago Electric sawzall last night to cut some tubing off my cruiser. And I was really surprised at how well it worked. He has had it for probably 6 months or so with no problems. Pretty sure he got it from harbor freight and it was reasonably cheap. And should last long enough considering what we use it for which ain't that much.

:D:D:D

#3 ·
I bought a "reconditioned" Milwaukee sawzall from Sears a few years ago, with a case.
It was at the sears repair center that is local to me.

Not sure how much less it was than a new one...but it was at the time cheap enought for me to justify it.
Thye said what they do is get the factory rejects sold to them from Miwaukee for real cheap, and milwaukee sells them the parts to fix em, and they sell them as "Factory Reconditioned"

Who knows if thats tru or not...but I saved money, have been beating the piss out of this saw since I've had it, and it works great.
Probabaly could have bought three more saws for what I've spent in blades.
Oh and most of its life has been spent cutting steel...only demo'ed one room of my house with it. lol

MJ

#4 ·
I got my milwaukee at Lowes. Shop around for the best price. I also have the one from harbor freight and the plastic case has broken and it makes a hi-pitched squeal. I have hardly used it. A sawzall is one of those things- you get what you pay for.

#7 ·
You can usually get the CE's for $39 on sale (exclusive to HFT), a recond. DeWalt for $79, a new one for $99, or a Milwakee for $119-$189. They have a couple models, so the newer ones with a quick release chuck are the more expensive.
These are all Harbor Freight prices, BTW. (employee)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.