OCT 5TH 2002
PLACERVILLE RACEWAY

2 CLASSES OF VEHICLES,
35” TIRES AND UNDER, 36” TIRE AND OVER

ACTION STARTS AT NOON
SPECTATOR ENTRY FEE $10.00 ADULT
KIDS UNDER 12 $5.00

WE PROMISE YOU’VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE

ARENA ROCK RACING IS A COMPETITION AMONG 4 WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES, ON A CONTROLLED MAN MADE ROCK COURSE

FOR SIGN UP INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Rich Klein @ 530-622-0370
OR VISIT www.calrocs.com

See less See more
#2 ·
ENTRY FORM

CalROCS
California Rock-crawling & Off-road Championship Series

Placerville Raceway, October 5th 2002
Arena Rock Racing sign up form

(Please print clearly)
Drivers name: ______________________________________________
Address: __________________________________________________
City: ______________________________St.: ________Zip: _________
E-mail: ___________________________________________________
Phone: ____________________________________________________

_______B Class, 35” and under tires, entry fees $30.00
_______A Class, 36” and over tires, entry fees $50.00

All vehicles must have the following safety items to qualify for competition; Fire extinguisher, safety harness’s or seat belts, roll cage or roll bar or hardtop, spotter strap (min. 20’ long), helmets for driver and spotter.

All vehicles will be required to show proof of above items to pass tech inspection; all vehicles will have to pass tech inspection before competition. All drivers and spotters will be required to sign a release of liability.

Tech inspection and late sign in will be @ 9am, Oct. 5th, at raceway.
B Class competition will start at noon Oct. 5th, and run until 4pm. A Class
Competition will start at 5pm and run until 9pm. Mandatory Drivers and spotters meeting at 11am. Each class will be given at least 2 rounds (time permitting).

No refunds of entry fees will be given for any reason, if you have signed up and failed tech inspection, you will not receive a refund.

For more information, (Official use only)
please contact: Tech: _____________
Rich Klein Releases: __________
530-622-0370 Paid: _____________
bigrich@d-web.com

#4 ·
PBB redstar members get a $2 discount, right? :D

what's the addy or cross street closest to the event... I want to get directions from here. That will be just about the time the girlfriend and I are looking to take a vacation.

#5 ·
The course will consist of at least 2 major elevation changes, figure tallest point on the course will be about 12 to 14 feet above the arena floor. We will be using some big ass rocks, the plan is for the course to be about 50 yards long. no one will be disappointed:D

The event site is located on Placerville Drive, nearest cross street is Ray Lawyer Drive. Come on down. the weather here is great in October.

Rich

#6 ·
Wow!! That sounds like it should be fun.
I'll sign up!

Although,....I am a little inexperienced about having to use a heavy throttle to get through an abstacle. Hopefully Ill be able to overcome my gentle driving style.

#7 ·
So how much is it gunna cost to enter this one. I worry that the spectators wont be dissapointed but the competitors will be because the courses will be built to turn your rig into a big pile of twisted and broken metal like monster truck thrashing.

#8 ·
desertoy said:
So how much is it gunna cost to enter this one. I worry that the spectators wont be dissapointed but the competitors will be because the courses will be built to turn your rig into a big pile of twisted and broken metal like monster truck thrashing.
John, entry is $30 for 35" and under class, $50" for 36 and over. We are trying to slow down the times from the Napa event (hence the cones).

But if your worried about breakage you should stick to the hammers...

no one ever breaks there:D

Rich

PS remember how when Bacon's article came out, everyone was saying you'd never make an arena event difficult or interesting enough, will take my word on this, we can, have and will again
:D :D

#10 ·
Slagburn said:
Well at least now you're pointing out the obvious- "rock racing"
How about you let 3 go at a time, side by side, while you're at it?
We probably will when we can figure out how to make the courses all the same.

I hope all you purists can figure out that not all things are equal, one is in an arena and the other is out in nature (for those that need the OBVIOUS pointed out)

Warning: This event may not be to the likeing if the purist, so stay home........or you might enjoy the show.

Rich

#12 ·
urjb said:
I guess I'll be there as a "spotter/ballast"

Eric [/B]
I take it you'll be spotting for Chris "Mr. Excitement" and or
Jenni "little jewel"

Rich

#19 ·
uh yeah the 36+ turned into a RACE, what was the fast time Rich, like 38 seconds or something?? but yeah like Ryan said, the 35 class was more technical, ill definitly be there cheering the CCJs on. THEY ROCK :D this one should be more interesting if the big guys gotta slow down, but that was kind of the exciting part of them. how bout 3 classes rich? 35s(technical) 36-40(quicker but still technical with cones) and 40+(all out race) that would be cool :D

BTW im making my bets now, CCJs take the top 3 or 4 ;)

#20 ·
Re: ENTRY FORM

Big Rich said:
_______B Class, 35” and under tires, entry fees $30.00
_______A Class, 36” and over tires, entry fees $50.00

What do you do with 35.5's? :D

Seriously? We had the same classes for mud racing up here with one group & have since reworded it to

1A - UNDER 36.0" tires
1B - 36.0" and up.

TEX

#21 ·
Re: Re: ENTRY FORM

TEX said:

What do you do with 35.5's? :D

Seriously? We had the same classes for mud racing up here with one group & have since reworded it to

1A - UNDER 36.0" tires
1B - 36.0" and up.

TEX
Just go by the sidewall listing. If you're one of the guys running smallish 35's, it sucks to be you :D

#22 ·
Re: Re: Re: ENTRY FORM

Welby said:

Just go by the sidewall listing. If you're one of the guys running smallish 35's, it sucks to be you :D
We use sidewall listings now (used to measure back in the old days). But, we actually had some goober show up with some funky tires MARKED 35.5". Also, the tire of choice in the "under 36" class is the Q78, which of course has no sidewall diameter marking ;)

TEX

#23 ·
Does the tire size go by the marks on the side wall or a measured height at the psi the tire has in it at the start line?

:usa:

#24 ·
CalROCS goes by manufactures stamp on the tire if there is no stamp I'll measure and make a judgement call (normally go up).
If the stamping has been messed with (judgement call) I'll move the vehicle up in class.
Moral of the storey, don't make me make a judgement call, judging an event or during tech, you'll not like the answer. Another hint....unless it's a misinterpation of the rules, we will never over turn a judges call. Even though we may reeducate the judge later...:D
Rich

#25 ·
Hey Rich, is this going to be something simular to a Tough Truck Event?

That was the weekend the Pirates were planning on having the cleanup. Although, they hadn't posted it yet. Maybe they were leaving it up in the air for further confirmation. :confused:

#26 ·
Kelly....those tough truck rigs would never make it across the course:D

I've got no way to change the date of the event, the 20-30 club has the racveway rented and we're just part of the show.

If they keep that as clean up weekend, I'll promise to come in late saturday night and wake all you up:D

Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.