pics of 4 seater chassis being built by Frankie Fountain - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2002, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 13060
pics of 4 seater chassis being built by Frankie Fountain

Below are pictures of the 4-seater chassis that Frankie Fountain of Frankie's Offroad is currently building for Dan Dibble (note: these were taken about two months ago) . . .

Last edited by tvguy; 02-22-2006 at 05:36 PM.
tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 12695
Thanks, tvguy
There it is. No this is not the next EROCC champ but one hell of a trail rig. It will be way to big for comp.
I have some newer pictures I will get up tonight.
Now everybody PM Frankie and tell him to finish.
Dan
Old 08-06-2002, 05:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 8133
Looks sweet, I was down in Bham a few weeks ago and ran into a guy at the summit that said he knew Frankie, his name was Craig,(said hes just gettin in to wheelin and buildin a Toy) I would have loved to see Frankies shop, dude said its just a big building behind his house, from what I know of Frankie on here though, Im sure there some excitment somewere!!! Ill be back that way in December your 4 seater goin to be done? My buddy here has a 4 seater Toyota buggy (its for sale hes buildin a 4runner with 2.5s under it!!)

LCQ / KOH 09 Co-Driver #62
Midwestwheeler / Hardline Custom
Pdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 08:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
I gotta say - I love it! I have been trying to find a 4 seater tube body style I liked, and I just found it
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 62
Quote:
Originally posted by DRM
I gotta say - I love it! I have been trying to find a 4 seater tube body style I liked, and I just found it
You mean you couldnt picture a 4 seat scorpian before you saw this picture? Not picking on this design I understand form follows function, thats why all these full tube buggies look so damn similar. Hope to see some more recent pictures
Old 08-06-2002, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
Quote:
Originally posted by NE-RokToy

You mean you couldnt picture a 4 seat scorpian before you saw this picture? Not picking on this design I understand form follows function, thats why all these full tube buggies look so damn similar. Hope to see some more recent pictures
IMHO - the 4 seater Scorpion looked too long, this one looks better, more compact...
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 13060
These are the most recent ones I have. Note engine/trans/tcase have been mounted and floor pans are starting to take shape . . .

Last edited by tvguy; 02-22-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 12666
we have maid some more progress on the asm chasie .
dan is coming by this wwekend maybe tv guy will come to and take more pics.
hey DRM i was bullshiting about the nasa toilet ha ha goy you didnt i .thanks for the complement on the chasie.
the scorpion and sniper is my standerd to build by but this machine may look like theme but it is much diferent.the fat city bronc has set me a new standerd that thing is awsome!
this chasie will have the following specs.
mod.#asm-2-4s
127 w.b.
4 seats
454 rat motor it will be rebuilt for masass torqe maybe 500 cubic inches
th400 tci manual valve body
atlas III transfer case
1410 yokes and joints
2,5 ton rockwells with flip hub conversion, rear chunk turned around for center drive shaft,pinion mounted willwood brakes,dual detroit lockers,howe double ended rams and custom steering links,
custom 4 wheel hyd. steer.
dual master cyl.and pedals
reverse 4 links
2.5 sway away coil overs
15x12 dual bead lock custom frankie locks
19.5x44x15 cut boggers they are new and he cut them

this is all i can think of for now.

We manufacture FZJ80 lift kits...

Shop is closed unless you have a 80 series or enough $$ that you dont even ask what it will cost...

No BS calls please we dont have time..
frankie fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 5718
Send a message via AIM to rockmutt
dude! how r u postin the pics? i attach the file and it never puts the pic on the posT!!! WTF!
Old 08-06-2002, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 4878
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
Newbies....

He's not posting pics, he's linking pics.
Travis Waldher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 08:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 12666
thanks tv guy.

Shop is closed unless you have a 80 series or enough $$ that you dont even ask what it will cost...

Old 08-06-2002, 10:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 13060
get crackin'

I'm just here to serve . . . BTW, when are we going to start seeing pictures of asm-3 and asm-4?

Last edited by tvguy; 08-06-2002 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 1918
Send a message via AIM to badassjeepguy Send a message via Yahoo to badassjeepguy
nice..... i just want to see your buggy at erocc.... and not in the parking lot
Hot Pursuit Rockcrawling #911
[SIZE="7"][COLOR="Yellow"]2006 BADLANDS MOONBUGGY FOR SALE[/COLOR][/SIZE] [url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566987[/url]
badassjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 01:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Pissing Excellence

Member # 517
Send a message via ICQ to Sillyneck
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Dibble
Thanks, tvguy
There it is. No this is not the next EROCC champ but one hell of a trail rig. It will be way to big for comp.
I have some newer pictures I will get up tonight.
Now everybody PM Frankie and tell him to finish.
Dan
wow collierville. I used to be from germantown! crazy!
Poly Performance
Off Road Warehouse
MJ Motorsports
Ruffstuff
Driveline Service Sacramento
Wrap Concept
Barnes Welding Supply Sacramento
RADFLO
Sillyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 05:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 12666
Re: get crackin'

Quote:
Originally posted by tvguy
I'm just here to serve . . . BTW, when are we going to start seeing pictures of asm-3 and asm-4?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$get it .

Old 08-07-2002, 06:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 13060
Re: Re: get crackin'

Quote:
Originally posted by frankie fountain
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$get it .
Got it! You need $229 . . . count me in!!! . . . er, wait . . . maybe that means you need rows and rows of money???????
Old 08-07-2002, 07:00 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 6609
Frankie Check your PM

Gimme a shout when you can....
robc10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 11:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 12695
Thanks tvguy for posting the pictures. Now everybody with a phone line connection will hate me.
Hopefully when Frankie gets all this EROCC shit out of his blood this sept. we will be able to finish my ride so I can put it under the Chistmas tree.
Thanks, Dan
Old 08-07-2002, 09:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 12666
dan you coming saturday what about you tv guy bring the gang lets throw a pool party . who els wonts to come by.

Old 08-08-2002, 01:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 13103
Frankie- You need to hurry up and finish Dan's chassis. I am tired of hearing him bitch about it everyother time I talk to him. Anyway ,you will have to build my cage soon and I want your undevided attention when building it. It is going to have to be lookin bad ass so you wont look stupid after you just lost to an almost stock TJ in the next compitition were in together. ----Joey
Old 08-08-2002, 03:56 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 5776
Well, well, well... another Memphis guy joins the site. Welcome.

*** Shakes head ***

Wait... this is PBB, not TOR. GO AWAY. NEWBIE!
Suzuki Certified Master Technician

IDPA Certified Master Cardboard Killer[/size]

Last edited by TNToy; 08-08-2002 at 03:58 PM.
TNToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 06:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 12666
Quote:
Originally posted by RKCRAWLER
Frankie- You need to hurry up and finish Dan's chassis. I am tired of hearing him bitch about it everyother time I talk to him. Anyway ,you will have to build my cage soon and I want your undevided attention when building it. It is going to have to be lookin bad ass so you wont look stupid after you just lost to an almost stock TJ in the next compitition were in together. ----Joey
tell dan drink a 12 pack and play with his remote control chasie dans a great customer if all my customers where like him life woud be great he nows what he wonts and how to get it thanks dan for your trust and support.ps why is there only 6 heims in the box ha ha.
joy you smokin crack again just put yours out of gear and i will tow you we can come in 1st and 2nd your 2 nd he he.
bring it down after dans chasie leaves and we will fab up some bad ass cage work . joy how did you like the rollover you never lost your elvis suite and the red neck jump off the top of the chasie into knee deep mud your crazy man must be the crack you know the one in your dana 30 gears ha ha

Last edited by frankie fountain; 08-08-2002 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 12666
Quote:
Originally posted by TNToy
Well, well, well... another Memphis guy joins the site. Welcome.

*** Shakes head ***

Wait... this is PBB, not TOR. GO AWAY. NEWBIE!
they keep all the crazys in menphis ,joy is a elvis impersonater at night in downtown menphis he will work for dana 30 gear sets
thanks evil toy guy for all the pics you have posted at all the sites and threads you and steave thomas (tv guy) need to hook up you both have great skill at this stuff.
thanks tv guy for all your help and the pics and for starting on my web. site your asm 3 is going to be awsome .
i thank all that support me we will be at erocc in september.

Old 08-08-2002, 07:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 8257
Hey, Frankie! I just finished up the front suspension on my Sidekick today! Using your advise, things went fairly well. I do have some issues with the upper wishbone contcting the pinion under stuff, but I will treat that later. I'm headed to the rear now, and had a question for 'ya. I was leaning towards a reverse, upside-down 3-link. I was going to mount a wishbone on the bottom side of the axle housing with the "v" end located just under the rear t-case output. I was then going to truss the hell out of it and use it to protect the rear DS. I would then use either traditional links on the top or another wishbone to control the axle. Following me? Basically, it is I^I, with the ^ on the bottom, pointing at the t-case. It just seems like my I I links would be awfully short, and since they are on the outer edge of the housing, I think they will cause a lot of axle steer.
Ever heard of a Mono-link? My original plan was to run a beefy wishbone that was welded or bolted to the housing. This would use a panhard rod or an upper wishbone with a slip joint to locate the axle laterally. Think about this for a few seconds and then give me your opinion, please! I am going to continue to exploit you for your knowledge! That's what you get for proving me wrong!
Old 08-08-2002, 08:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 12666
Quote:
Originally posted by twistedmetal
Hey, Frankie! I just finished up the front suspension on my Sidekick today! Using your advise, things went fairly well. I do have some issues with the upper wishbone contcting the pinion under stuff, but I will treat that later. I'm headed to the rear now, and had a question for 'ya. I was leaning towards a reverse, upside-down 3-link. I was going to mount a wishbone on the bottom side of the axle housing with the "v" end located just under the rear t-case output. I was then going to truss the hell out of it and use it to protect the rear DS. I would then use either traditional links on the top or another wishbone to control the axle. Following me? Basically, it is I^I, with the ^ on the bottom, pointing at the t-case. It just seems like my I I links would be awfully short, and since they are on the outer edge of the housing, I think they will cause a lot of axle steer.
Ever heard of a Mono-link? My original plan was to run a beefy wishbone that was welded or bolted to the housing. This would use a panhard rod or an upper wishbone with a slip joint to locate the axle laterally. Think about this for a few seconds and then give me your opinion, please! I am going to continue to exploit you for your knowledge! That's what you get for proving me wrong!
i think a mono link will antisquot to much or as i call it jack up the suspension.i have no experiance with dual wishbone oposing each other ,but i have seen some pics and they seem to shove the axle to the oposite side on stuff or the compresion side of axle.the revers 4 or 3 link puts the long bars on the upper side of the axle and they are more paralale with the machine and shoud be at not much angle or much less than a stanard 4 or 3 link wich wiil cut down most or all of axle steer .how long will your links be if they are revers 3 or 4 link.how much angle do you think they will be at .where is suspension cycle at at ride height 50/50?

Last edited by frankie fountain; 08-08-2002 at 08:48 PM.