Pirate 4x4 banner

Coilover Shock Angle?

9K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  4064RUINR 
#1 ·
I was wondering if any one has angled there rear coil overs to the rear of the vehicle instead of the typical forward lean? I have a 52' willys wagon and the coil overs need to lean rearward to clear my rear seat. But I have not seen a rig with this setup.

#3 ·
You are correct, but there is one difference, you will lose travel mounting them to the rear of the rig. As the axle swings it will travel away from the shock instead or towords it. The difference may be nothing to care about, or may be a lot, epending on how it is mounted and how short your links are.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info my problem is I went with 2.5 coil overs and I want to put my shocks at some angle to make up for the fact that all the 16" and 18" x 3.0 springs are pretty heavy. And I don't want to be stuck with to heavy of springs. So I was hoping by angling them I would decrease the there rating enough to provide a lighter spring rate. I could mount the shock vertical with 10 degrees of inward lean but I don't know if that will be enough. Does any body have some #'s on what they are running in the rear just to get some ideas ( vehicle,angle,spring rate) I know every ones different but just trying to get some ideas. Don't want to build it twice:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.