Pirate 4x4 banner

Fire Proof Power Steering

23K views 131 replies 71 participants last post by  supersize75k5 
#1 ·
Had a bad weekend and my first truly built rig is now a pile of molten aluminum and metal.....with the exception of the PSC rear steering components. I knew their stuff was good but WOW!!!!! Fire proof?

Attachments

See less See more
#42 ·
No shit? Thats kind of cool.

I can tell you I personally never checked the pin, if installed, in the bottle. I will have to get with the guy who installed it. I probably have some pictures from the build but will have to check. The bottle was located under the passenger seat so you couldn't get to it unless the side panel was removed.

I want to make it clear that I do not blame Safecraft YET. I will make sure I find why it didn't work regardless of who is to blame......Me maybe?

It certainlt isn't Safecraft's fault I put the rig on a tree and caught it on fire. I really do believe we could have saved a lot more of the rig had the sytem activated, regardless of where the fault lies.

Where is the Power Tank ad?

#49 ·
I know my truck frame went thru a horrific fire -and its doing okay about 7 years later now ( that's cuase I never wheel right hehe) and the motor survived the bottom end enyways- the aluminum intake was melted in a blob , but there will be things you can salvage and things that are pissed obviosly . The way things look the intense part was plastic burning and gas - and I think the fire could have been put of with dirt the first 30 seconds -after that it becomes more intense and quickly engulfs things when a tire starts burning and seats and wires and trany fluid its nearly impossible to stop - you just let it go- Jess

#56 · (Edited)
And that head appears to be a pull or turn type, not a push type...the push-type mechanisms I have seen come in from the top, not the side. This may turn out to be an activation handle failure and I will follow this closely because this is something that we need to understand better as more and more people are installing full systems. Please keep us updated.

#60 ·
Man I hate to see that. I would have bought this thing if I had the cash. I know that the handle came off but was the bottle full? Seems like when it got hot enough to burn though the bottle that it might have helped put the fire out? Just a thought. Glad everyone was safe and that's the main thing. I know nothing about this kind of system so excuse the dumb question if it is one.:shaking:

#67 ·
How does this impact KOH2010? Were you going to mod the big rig into a racer?

Get Safecraft to pay up if that handle broke when you pulled it.

Buy the Caddy on Dubs and have Randy tune it for the race :D

Have you been to Let's Eat in Bluff Dale yet?

#70 ·
I have contacted him about the "Caddy on Dubs" I would love to have it but strapped on toy money right now. We'll see what Safecraft and MAYBE some insurance money then I will make my move.

Have not made it to Let's Eat yet but we did find where it is. I may have lunch there today.

#74 ·
HAHAHAHAHAHA:flipoff2:

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to bust my balls over the rockwells. I literally had made a deal for a set of 60's the day before it burned and had to back out. Have bigger problems than rockwells right now.

#77 ·
Thanks Jim.

That WOT up Tucker's was probably the funnest climb I did in that thing. Nolan hollering to take my panties off. I wish I had some pictures or video of that. I think I'm gonna rebuild it but go MUCH smaller and lighter. It was a cool rig for a big bastard.

#79 ·
FYI - in my new line of work I deal with fire investigation, mechanical failure, subrogation, lawsuit BS Some of the stuff we deal with is suppression system failures in restaurants and businesses and I could help or put you in touch with someone that could help if it comes to that. If your making an insurance claim your ins. co and the suppresion company probably have someone like me already checking it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.