Pirate 4x4 banner

.003 axial ring gear run-out D60 hp

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  adam90xj 
#1 ·
Is this within spec? I've searched around and saw one place that under .004 is ok. Then in billvista's articles he mentions .002-.003.

I've pulled the ring gear off, sanded, and fully cleaned before seating it back on the ARB. Cross bolt patterned torqued to 110ft/lbs.

I did measure the ring bolt head side of the ARB and it's run-out is about .001.

Any advise?

Thanks,
Adam

#5 ·
as long as your pattern is ok you'll be golden. I can't picture that run out really affecting much else besides the pattern. (this would be the pattern around the whole ring gear.....not just a couple of teeth.)

#6 ·
totally agree. If your really worried, mark the far opposite ends of the runout and due a pattern check in those areas and see what you get. When I did my gear change, I always checked my pattern in two different areas exactly across each other to see what it is. Both where never a perfect reflection of the other, but always in the acceptable range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.